Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nazi Police shako, but too good to be true?

Article about: Hello, here is Julekpl again. I have recently been offered a fair cash trade for a Nazi Police shako cap, but it seems to be in too good condition. The owner said he found it in his grandpar

Default Nazi Police shako, but too good to be true?

Hello, here is Julekpl again. I have recently been offered a fair cash trade for a Nazi Police shako cap, but it seems to be in too good condition. The owner said he found it in his grandparents closet, and he knows they lived in Germany during ww2, but stores can be made up....I'm just not sure about this piece, it seems in too good condition...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Nazi Police shako, but too good to be true? Nazi Police shako, but too good to be true? Nazi Police shako, but too good to be true?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Police shako, but too good to be true?
    P
    Many

Looks textbook to me, missing it's cockade though.

Oh my, if that's the case, I think I might drive the 2 hours to get it, however is there a possibility that it may be a reproduction? If so, what may be some give aways on these?

An authentic Schako...manufacturer's mark is spot on...I don't even think they're reproducing convincing Schakos...usually they'll take a postwar West German Schako and add Nazi-era insignia...but even those are the All-Black Schakos, not the type shown...
    Hope you get it at a good price...
    cheers, Glenn

Well then I think I'll be going on a small road trip to pick it up! I find it odd that he only want $400 for it...I have seen them go near the thousand mark :O

Thank you all for the information, however like KradSpam stated, I will need to acquire a cockade if I purchase this piece

I'm not sure how easy it is to find period cockades on their own. It looks like an unissued piece with at least minor moth nips on the right side. I like it. I have seen worse for 400. Go get it!

Yeah, I've made enough money on the side to further expand my collection, and I would love this piece. I will try to point out the negatives to the guy, and hopefully he might even drop it down a bit more

It's authentic and may well be Unissued, going by it's condition. Most of these woolen body jobs have significant Moth damage, but I can see only 1 nip in the rear right side. $400 is a steal....get down there and Grab it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cockades aren't that hard to find, either...nor are they very expensive.
    Good luck!
    cheers, Glenn

The real deal and fair price imop.
    And cockades can be found at ease. Pics of top and bill crazing would be nice.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast