Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap

Article about: Good day friends, I'm new to collecting and don't want to invest poorly. I have an opportunity to purchase the cap below, can anyone tell me if it looks to be honest? I can get it for about\\$

?

Default Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap

Good day friends,

I'm new to collecting and don't want to invest poorly. I have an opportunity to purchase the cap below, can anyone tell me if it looks to be honest? I can get it for about$350. If it's original, it looks to be a good price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap   Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap
    P
    Many

I like it!

Welcome to the forum by the way!

EDIT: $350 is a very fair price for an original item such as this.

?

Jake,

Any sense if it looks legit?
    Quote by Fallschirmjager1941 View Post
    I like it!

Welcome to the forum by the way!

?

I have owned several and it looks good from what I can see.

It looks authentic in my eyes. The reproductions on the market are very poor quality and lack the buttoned section of the flap shown in your last picture.

Compare with yours:

I recently purchased one of these, this one looks good, the sueded bill of the cap looks alot newer then the rest, could be the camera flash or maybe from being folded up? Berolina is a known maker, 350 is fair. here is mine and a reference photo.
    Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter CapNeed Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap

?

Is there much of a market for these hats, I don't see many of them?

Minty ones run about 700, but they are not a hot ticket item or highly sought after IMO, but personally I think they are cool as hell!
    Just noticed this is posted in the wrong section, hopefully a mod comes along and moves it to the proper area for you.

?

I'm a history teacher, it will be for my personal collection that consists of two SA daggers and an AC41 p38 pistol thus far. I'm being offered this flag as well, it measures about 2.5' x 3.5' for $150. Both should make nice additions to the collection for $500.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap