Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!

Article about: Hello friends! I am trying to get confirmation on the originality of this Luftwaffe Tropical side cap. I got it in trade from the grandson of a vet who allegedly brought it back from the war

Default Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!

Hello friends! I am trying to get confirmation on the originality of this Luftwaffe Tropical side cap. I got it in trade from the grandson of a vet who allegedly brought it back from the war. There are some sweat stains in the interior. There is a very faded rectangular stamp inside. It is very difficult to read but under strong light I can make out the letter "B" so think it is a Berolina stamp. The size 60 is the only legible part. The cap eagle and stitching do not glow under blacklight. I believe someone tried to "denazify" it by messing with the eagle, giving it a very tattered look. It definitely has an "old" smell. I am not well versed in German cloth items. Any opinions or help in verifying this would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!   Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!  

Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!   Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!  

Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!  Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help! Luft tropical overseas cap opinions please!
    P
    Many