Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New arrival: Panzergrenadier Visor Cap

Article about: This one came in just a couple days ago. I saw it and thought a late example would compliment my earlier produced one that I've had for years. All collectors know how we use various "lo

TWS
    ?

Default New arrival: Panzergrenadier Visor Cap

This one came in just a couple days ago. I saw it and thought a late example would compliment my earlier produced one that I've had for years. All collectors know how we use various "logic" to justify new purchases to ourselves. It does differ a lot from my other example with some notable late war features like the sweatband, the rayon piping like on shoulder straps, cheap zinc wreath and eagle, and the fabric along the bottom edge. I'm drawing a blank on what to call that fabric. Tempted to say sateen, but it's not quite. The seams in the cap band on either side of the wreath are also something I associate with late war as well, but that may just be in my individual experience.

New arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor CapNew arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor CapNew arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor CapNew arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor CapNew arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor CapNew arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor CapNew arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor CapNew arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor Cap
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor Cap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Might be late war but still a great example. From these photos it looks like it has the earlier Tellerform shape?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice pick up as always!

Congrats my friend
    That is a very nice panzergrenadier mütze!!
    Never mind late War piece, still a killer!
    Really good score Todd

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Brian Ullergaard

Just bumping this up for Todd, so this good looking visor gets the attention it deserves

?

Hi Todd,
    Another outstanding addition. My congratulations, Sir!

Is the ‘sateen’ a cotton binding tape?
    Not something I’ve noticed before (not being a Schirmmütze aficionado). Very interesting, indeed.

All the very best,
    Bob

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Might be late war but still a great example. From these photos it looks like it has the earlier Tellerform shape?
    I agree a great cap. That's where I get confused on some visors, it does look like the earlier Telleform shape but the late zinc insignia and other features throw me off.
    BTW, you can never have enough variations, it's a valid justification ( said one obsessive collector to another )

Congrats

Todd, fantastic score, & thanks for sharing this beauty!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

TWS
    ?

Thanks for the interest in my thread gentlemen!

Yes, the cap is Teller form as opposed to Sattel form. MAP raises a good question. I opened up my copy of Halcomb and Saris and to my disappointment there is no clear instruction. The authors refer to "Teller Form" as the "early" caps but then do not clearly state if there was any change to Sattel Form. I went back and reread that section because if there was an official change to issue caps, it seems the authors should have covered it, but alas there is no clear indication.

I'll tell you what I have observed in collecting: This is just in my experience but contract (issue) enlisted caps I almost never encounter in Sattel form. They are nearly always Teller form and I can't remember clearly but the few Sattel form issued caps I have seen may all have been modified by the wearer to mimic Sattel form by bending the wire and shaping it themselves. Private purchase is another matter, as there are plenty of privately purchased enlisted examples out there with a nice Sattel form. In fact, my other enlisted Panzergrenadier visor cap is a private purchase with a nice Sattel form.

Anyway, I ascribe the cap as being rather late due to the sweatband, rayon piping, and zinc wreath and eagle. I could be off target here as there is no date or any markings (unless I missed them) under the sweat band on this cap.

Perhaps Stonemint or someone with a similar concentration in visor caps can chime in. I believe Chris handles or looks at more caps in a month than I do in a year.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Hi Todd,
    Another outstanding addition. My congratulations, Sir!

Is the ‘sateen’ a cotton binding tape?
    Not something I’ve noticed before (not being a Schirmmütze aficionado). Very interesting, indeed.

All the very best,
    Bob
    Thanks Bob! I am struggling to name that material appropriately. Most other visors I have, that section is in the same tricot as the cap body or a doeskin or Eskimo wool (even when the cap body itself is tricot).
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast