Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...

Article about: Hi all. I'd like to get some thoughts on this one. The emblem seems really large to me (although the cap is a bit small), and I've never seen a cockade that looks like this one either. Perha

?

Default NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...

Hi all. I'd like to get some thoughts on this one. The emblem seems really large to me (although the cap is a bit small), and I've never seen a cockade that looks like this one either. Perhaps this is a variant? I've come across photos of NSKK caps with several varying emblem placements; some with and some without the standard wreath and cockade combo, and yet others with just the emblem and cockade (no wreath). Hopefully someone with more NSKK experience can chime in here...

NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...
    P
    Many

Good one! However, insignia, while real, is incorrect.
    See this thread for the correct insignia (Bob C's visor):

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...highlight=NSKK
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks for the reply, and the link (not sure how I missed that page)! The size of this insignia appears to be the same as post #16 (the last post) on the page you referenced. It appears to be attached too high when compared to the period photo under that same post, but nonetheless it looks the same. Should the insignia (eagle) on this one be lowered and the cockade removed to match the positioning in the period photo?

This is a lower ranked visored cap for an instructor from an NSKK Motorschool.

Remove the cockade and position the eagle in such way the swastika wreath is
    in the middle of the cap band, just above the chin strap, so the eagle part extends
    upon the upper part. The included eagle is the appropriate eagle for such type of cap.

?

Thanks Wilhelm. Good to know that at least the combination of emblem and cap are ok.

Dz---the only reason I did not think it was for Motorschool was that it appeared there was a WH wreath, and at the very least, there might have originally been a Reich cockade where the Imperial cockade is now.
    Are there signs of other holes in the pasteboard from a wreath, and are there other prong holes on the body of the cap (under where the eagle is now)?

If Motorschool, the eagle extends onto the band as here (although this is an officer).
    I do not see prong holes from the current eagle having been lower--are there any?
    Attached Images Attached Images NSKK Visor Cap for opinions... 

?

Stonemint, it isn't in my possession yet, but I'll be sure to give it a thorough check when it arrives. I'm guessing that any former pin holes will be more visible on the interior of the cap, but it's possible they're being covered by the lowest part of the eagle's wings so hard to say based on the photos. Obviously the cockade would be the wreath pin's hole.

?

Hi all. I received the cap and have take much better photos, including shots showing the pin locations with the insignia removed. I'm really curious as to whether or not this insignia could have been period replaced. What do you guys think? Is it possible, based on the evidence here, that this insignia in its current location is indeed correct (a variation on what we know to be "normal")? Click photos to enlarge and read captions...

(below) Exterior shot showing existing insignia indentation and its pin holes:

(below) Interior shot showing insignia pin holes and off-center mystery holes:

(below) Exterior shot showing cockade indentation and pin hole, as well as off-center mystery pin-size holes:

(below) Interior shot showing cockade pin hole and off center mystery band holes:

Thanks!
    Dzyner

The empty holes just serve to confirm my original opinion that it originally had the smaller NSKK eagle and a WH-wreath when originally made.
    IMO, these hats were all part of the same production-run contract. Note that the eagle and wreath are not perfectly aligned with the seams on this one:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Visor Cap for opinions...  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast