Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?

Article about: Good information.Could it be a Reichswehr hat with replaced buillion emblems? HMMMM. Peter

Default Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?

Attachment 232416

Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?

I am new to the forum and I need help determining if this hat is original or reproduction. Purchased as reproduction, possible original. Would appreciate your comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?

IMO - not a repro but a conversion from another cap.............and a very interesting one at that.

Hi,Thanks for info. Do you have a feel for what conversion was made? I have collected for 50 years, and I get a feeling when I find something unusal.
    It has always been part of the fun of this passion.The visor is leather,and cloth covered visors where found on ss nco hats,but never seen one on a Heer
    hat.There are always exceptions to anything with Third Reich collecting.

Seeing the Insignia and the top of it might help also. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Attached are additional photos of the top of the hat and insignias...

can you write what the label says on the inside as i can't make it out clearly enough however it is definatly an original cap of some sort just not ww2

tom

From the images, I consider the cap to be the product of a 4th Reich manufacturer. The label appears to be "Erel." I know of no period examples of an army officer's field visor with a cloth bill. The eagle is too large in comparison with original period examples. I believe the advertisement of it as a reproduction is correct. In fact, it is fantasy.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The stamp is an Erel stamp that says Sonder Klasse Berlin inside the diamond.Below the diamond it says Extra inside a rectangle.
    Peter

i can't think of any current issue visor cap with a felt peak it must be fantasy or put together by some crack pot is teh peak bendable (eg does it feel like their is plastic underneath or not)

tom

Thanks Bob for your input.It is appreciated.I bought this hat because of its uniqueness,and the interest it brings.
    Peter

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast