Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I am posting these of behalf of a friend who is looking to purchase these items. I am not experienced when it comes to hats, but I am concerned about t

Default Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38

Hi guys,

I am posting these of behalf of a friend who is looking to purchase these items. I am not experienced when it comes to hats, but I am concerned about their authenticity. The eagle on the schirmmuetze looks reapplied and the cap is for an enlistedman and is missing the soutache. These caps are coming in a set with an M40 tunic which can be found here: M40 Tunic for a Panzer Oberfeldwebel

I apologize for the poor quality photos. These are the ones he was able to send me on short notice. If you need better ones, I can take some myself tomorrow night.

Thanks!
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38   Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38  

Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38   Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38  

Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38   Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38  

Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38
    P
    Many

I am not a field cap savant, but I think the grey cap is a stinker, as much as I see here. You should weigh it, also, in contrast to an authentic cap.
    A field cap should be very light.

Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38This is like a feather.

- - ------- - -

Its armor cousin is for sale for about three times what I paid for this one.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Hi FB, thanks for your reply. Kind of sad to see Erich sell off that beautiful collection.

Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38
    Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi FB, thanks for your reply. Kind of sad to see Erich sell off that beautiful collection.
    Yes, indeed. It is sad. You should buy some of his things, as they are all very attractive. I should buy the silk Pz cap to go with the cavalry one.

But that is not my thing.

I think the field cap you enclose is bad, but I do not really know.

I do own a few Pz caps, but they are normal garrison peaked caps, not the field kind. Two of these I sold off.

Happy hats and good luck.

The key with the field cap, of course, is the material of the cap band/frame.

A real field cap is fold able, bend able, with a non rigid material, i.e. buckram or Leimleinen or such.

Hi Mo

Fb has summed it up nicely, they are both stinkers IMO so I would advise your friend to run,run run away !

cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony! I have sent him the link to this thread and have advised him to stay away from these.

Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38Officer's Panzer Schirmmuetze and EM/NCO Panzer M38Here is a general staff cap, non stinker, of which I am proud, and pride cometh before the fall.

- - ------- - -

I have owned this cap for about forty years. It is not a field cap.

That general staff cap is very attractive and certainly one to be proud of. Thank you, as always, for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast