Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old style black SS oversees cap

Article about: Is this cap legit? I know that there are reproduction of these as with most SS items. I asked the seller for a picture from the back of the skullbutton, so that's on it's way. Thanks in adva

?

Default Old style black SS oversees cap

Is this cap legit? I know that there are reproduction of these as with most SS items.
    I asked the seller for a picture from the back of the skullbutton, so that's on it's way.
    Thanks in advance.

Old style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old style black SS oversees cap
    P
    Many

?

No one on this one?

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Is this cap legit? I know that there are reproduction of these as with most SS items.
    I asked the seller for a picture from the back of the skullbutton, so that's on it's way.
    Thanks in advance.

Here's another picture of the attachement of the skullbutton. Now, I asked the seller for a picture of the back of the button itself but he gaved me this one. Let's wait for the next picture. :-)

Old style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees capOld style black SS oversees cap
    Old style black SS oversees cap

CBH
    ?

I believe the real SS buttons have pebbling in the eyes , it is hard to tell from the photo . Good luck

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    I believe the real SS buttons have pebbling in the eyes , it is hard to tell from the photo . Good luck
    Thanks mate for the reply. What is pebbling? I also know that there are different types of skulls so I can imagine that not all skulls had 'pebbling' in their eyes.

- - ------- - -

Thanks mate for the reply. What is pebbling? I also know that there are different types of skulls so I can imagine that not all skulls had 'pebbling' in their eyes.
    I guess you mean the 'dots' with pebbling?

Pebbling would be similar to what you see on the edges of the button, you would also see in the eyes. (yes, the 'dots')

The cap appears to be a legitimate period piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks Bob. Just gonna wait till FB jumps in.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The cap appears to be a legitimate period piece.
    While I adhere always to my colleague, I wish to voice caution with this one. We have a thread here about these things. I would be very circumspect with it.

- - ------- - -

Thanks Bob. Just gonna wait till FB jumps in.
    Bob knows much more than I do. He is my senior mentor. However, this thing has been widely faked, and my thought here goes to fake, in fact.

The key is the textile.

?

Thanks FB. So, as always, is a inhand inspection the best thing to do.
    What to look for then? Which textile should it be then?
    Cheers. K.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast