Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions On This Heer Cap Trapezoid?

Article about: Greetings, A good friend of mine has this piece that he would like to get some opinions in regards to it's authenticity. It appears to be a Heer cap trapezoid on rayon, but I'm not sure. We

RZM
    ?

Default Opinions On This Heer Cap Trapezoid?

Greetings,

A good friend of mine has this piece that he would like to get some opinions in regards to it's authenticity. It appears to be a Heer cap trapezoid on rayon, but I'm not sure. We both have some doubts about it, but I thought I would post it here to get some more opinions. I know the pics are a bit blurry, but I think you all will still be able to give an informed opinion. Thanks!

Moderators, if this is in the wrong place, please move it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions On This Heer Cap Trapezoid?   Opinions On This Heer Cap Trapezoid?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions On This Heer Cap Trapezoid?
    P
    Many

?

This is too easy,..and maybe many will think it too mundane to reply,..it is bad all the way, and here is partially why,....there is no reason to run the red thread through the top of the eagle which has no red as does the national colors Red white and black at that time on the circle thingy people call a corcade, cockade, bullseye.....the material is wrong as hell and even if it were supposed to be whipcord wool, it would be going the wrong direction as woven,....and bevo insignia was not woven on "whipcord wool".
    Please look at Bill Shea's site, "THE RUPTURED DUCK" as well as Peter Whammond's site "THE COLLECTOR'S GUILD" to see many trapazoid insignia, front and back,....one like yours, you will not see,...not a chance,..shoot me if I lie,....

RZM
    ?

I was 99% sure that it was bad, but he still wanted me to post it here to get opinions. I will be the first to admit that I know very little about these types of cloth insignia. My area of knowledge lies in bevo breast eagles, buckles, and metal insignia. I will let him know. Thanks for the input.

",..shoot me if I lie,...."

A tad bit over-dramatic, don't you think?

?

,..well, maybe a bit over-dramatic,..yet it added weight to my words,...and with a couple Saint Paulie Girls,..seemed like a great idea at the time,...

Let us all hope that no one disagrees with you and takes you up on your offer. I agree the piece is bad and clearly do not invite anyone who disagrees to shoot me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.