Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Opinions needed on Luftwaffe EM/NCO, Division Hermann Göring Schirmmütze

Article about: Hi guys, I will receive this beauty of a cap tomorrow probably and shall post some more detailed photos then. The cap is unmarked. I have gotten this cap from a most trustworthy source and I

KSH
    ?

Default re: Opinions needed on Luftwaffe EM/NCO, Division Hermann Göring Schirmmütze

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I missed this thread when it went around the first time. It is evident that you want to believe this cap to be period original. For all of the reasons stated by those with doubts, I must agree. I have owned a number of these caps over the years and handled more. The construction and lack of markings, which I have observed in EVERY cap, would not make this a piece I would want to own. The Goring Division unit marked all headgear, incvluding helmets and private purchase caps. My two cents for what it is worth. What is important is whether or not you are happy with the piece. As a final note, a clever faker can simulate light wear. Condition does not make me question this. Construction does.

Hi Bob,

I deeply respect your opinion. And you are correct, a clever faker can attempt to simulate wear, I am very aware of this. For me it is not a question of simply wanting to believe that this cap is original, as I see it, all the facts and physical attributes support it as a period made example. I can assure you that if the cap could be proven to be a reproduction, I will just return it, and I will get a refund. I have studied this cap very closely over a long period of time now, and I have been working on a comparative analysis for my own use.

I shall publish this comparative and photographic analysis sometime in next week I hope - I am busy at the moment, so I shall have to see when I will get around to it - it will take some time to gather all my notes and such as it will be a rather lengthy affair. In this way I can present fully my reasons to not doubt this cap's originality. It will be interesting non-the-less I am sure.

Until then, I ask that the photos of the cap shown here be used for viewing: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...ustice-177989/ As the photos above are horrible and were taken in haste with a rubbish camera.

Best regards,

Kenneth S-H.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default re: Opinions needed on Luftwaffe EM/NCO, Division Hermann Göring Schirmmütze

It is quite evident that in your 27 years on this planet, you have had the opportunity to gain more knowledge in a collector market with diminishing amounts of original study material. After 55+ years of collecting, I do believe to have had the opportunity to handle, own and study more original material than you will ever have the opportunity to. For your information, I have owned several private purchase Regiment Goring caps and all had the unit markings. You can not blanketly compare every hat in the 3rd Reich military with those that belonged to an elite unit with their own set of rules. Yes, I am a North American and that fact does not make me wacky or brain diminished. To make such an inference on your part is certainly elitist and insulting. As I mentioned prevously, if you are comfortable with the cap, that is all that matters. However, nothing further that can be written to convince many respected old collectors that this piece is genuine. Please in the future refrain from insults towards those who disagree with you as they are not allowed on this Forum
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It is quite evident that in your 27 years on this planet, you have had the opportunity to gain more knowledge in a collector market with diminishing amounts of original study material. After 55+ years of collecting, I do believe to have had the opportunity to handle, own and study more original material than you will ever have the opportunity to. For your information, I have owned several private purchase Regiment Goring caps and all had the unit markings. You can not blanketly compare every hat in the 3rd Reich military with those that belonged to an elite unit with their own set of rules. Yes, I am a North American and that fact does not make me wacky or brain diminished. To make such an inference on your part is certainly elitist and insulting. As I mentioned prevously, if you are comfortable with the cap, that is all that matters. However, nothing further that can be written to convince many respected old collectors that this piece is genuine. Please in the future refrain from insults towards those who disagree with you as they are not allowed on this Forum

RichieC likes this.

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

KSH
    ?

Hi Bob,

You are absolutely correct in all what you say - I offer my full apology for falling into the nasty trap of generalizing about people, in this case "North American collectors", as they all were the same person. I may have come on a bit too strong here regarding this cap - I am in fact still open to the fact that I might be wrong about it. Either way know that I deeply respect your experience and your insights and I apologize for all and any disrespectful behavior I have/may have been guilty of. Such has no place on this forum and I know better. I am at least man enough to admit that I have done wrong, and I hope that we need not fall out over my spur of the moment thoughtlessness, which I deeply apologize for to any offended party.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345