Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original EREL Officer Visor ???

Article about: Hi, i would like your oppinion on this item. Is it a original WW2 EREL Infantry officer visor cap??? How much would be a fair price to pay for it?? Regards

Default Original EREL Officer Visor ???

Hi,
    i would like your oppinion on this item.
    Is it a original WW2 EREL Infantry officer visor cap???
    How much would be a fair price to pay for it??

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original EREL Officer Visor ???   Original EREL Officer Visor ???  

Original EREL Officer Visor ???   Original EREL Officer Visor ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original EREL Officer Visor ???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original EREL Officer Visor ???

This should really be posted on the cap authentication forum but I can't move the thread over because I don't have the permission which annoys me on a daily basis.

My mistake!!!
    Please, can anyone move the thread to the right place?
    Sorry!

?

Prehaps you would also like to tell us your real name and what you think about the cap?

The reason most of us don't like to offer opinions is when the person asking has made a habit of asking without ever giving any information in return.

I think anyone looking through your post history can see this disturbing pattern of behaviour.

Choose your next words carefully because, unlike the other forum, we don't appreciate leeches here.

Dear BenVK,
    I collect WWII militaria for only about two years (the aproximate time i'm a WRF member).
    I usually post here, items from my collection, for others to apreciate (like the Mother's Cross in Gold, the unmarked EKII with package, the MINT Ostmedaille with package, the RAF officer cap, the USAAF officer uniform, ETC... i already posted here, before).
    I'm still too inexperienced to give my oppinion to others (i'm working on that!).
    What i sometimes do is post some pictures of items i'm interested and learn from members oppinions.
    Not always to buy the items i post (i wouldn't leave to others to decide if i should buy or not an item)
    ... just to see if my judgement is correct. If i'm on the right path.
    That way of thinking alowed me to gather enough knowledge to find, for an example, the cased EK I (Meybauer/Berlin),
    i recently purchased from a Swedish Dealer, and posted here today:
    (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...20/#post323863).
    I did not use the forum to select that item. I'm simply sharing my latest aquisition, as i've done before
    (Just because i put some question marks "???" on the thread title, doesn't mean that the item is not mine).
    From time to time, i ask someones oppinions, usually, to start a discussion about the item showed,
    to see if i can learn more. I think, that's the main objective of posting the collection pieces. Not for vanity.

In this particular case, i've posted some pictures of a EREL visor i found for sale (dealer pictures).
    I don't know much about German Visor Caps. I have already some Allied Caps, but not German ones.
    I would like to purchase one for the WW2 german display i'm working on. Before that, i'm learning from books and also from on-line forums.
    Some time ago, i've posted some pictures of a Schellenberg Infantry Officers Visor that was almost unused (MINT).
    I learned a lot from that thread. Probably, some fellow collector who was following that discussion, ended purchasing that item.
    Who knows? For me the info shared was priceless. I think others apreciated too.
    In my humble oppinion, the Visor Cap showed on the pictures i've posted is Original
    (The sweatshield logo, the Sweatband makermark, the vent, the materials, etc...). I can't see any "red flag".
    But my oppinion is still from a beginner, so...
    I hope that this reply could clear any doubts about my behavior.
    If i don't post regularly, is for my scarce time or because i don't have anything new to share.
    If i was a "leech" as you called me before, i wouldn't bother to share my aquisitions here.
    Regards

Fabio

?

Hello Fabio,

I very much appreciate your reply. Such information makes a world of difference to forum members attitudes concerning whether to impart their hard earned knowledge or not.
    To recieve you must give a little something in return, don't you agree?

The cap seems to be a fine example of Lubstein's Private model of hats. The vent system and it's correct matching cockade is of note here. I can not help you with values and prices as it's such a personal thing and a bargain price to one man is too expensive to the man next door etc.

Regards and happy collecting.
    Ben

Thanks,
    I believe that, rather the market value, the fair price is the one you are willing to pay.
    Regards

Fabio

A superb eReL cap ! congratulation ! 600-700 euro aprox...

best
    Sebastien

If its a Officer Cap (silver aluminium chincord),
    shouldn't the sweatshied have writen "Offizer Kleiderkasse Berlin" over the EREL marker mark???
    Or its not required/obligatory???