Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?

Article about: Was looking to add a decent example of an M 43 (Einheitsfeldmütze) to my small but growing TR headgear collection. Hard to part with the cash for a mint example. Found this one that looks pr

Default Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?

Was looking to add a decent example of an M 43 (Einheitsfeldmütze) to my small but growing TR headgear collection. Hard to part with the cash for a mint example. Found this one that looks promising. Has the grease and and a good aged look to it. It has also been de-nazified. Looks like a rayon lining with a date of 1943. Let me know what you guys think of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?   Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?  

Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?   Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?  

Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?   Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?  

Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze?
    P
    Many

Looks like it stands a good chance to me from what i can see in the photos but would need a hands on look to be 100% sure

looks ok to me.

?

The swastika is just hidden with a black thread stitched around as it looks like from the pics.
    When u remove the thread there is a chance that the swastika is still underneath

Could very well have been modified to be worn in captivity by the prisoner. Same reason for cutting off the roundel.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Sorry but that s a poor reproduction!

typical repro wool, lining material, insignia fakely cut/denazified and stamps of course

Not one for me.

Steve

Due to pressure of work I have not been as active as normal, so I am playing catch up here.

HI Aaron, it is bad.

Problems:

1) De-Nazification would not usually involve removal of the national colours. They would either remove the swastika or take off the whole badge.

2) The wool as stated.

3) You can see a trace of rust on the interior where an air vent grommet (Incorrect for this cap) has been removed. The other side is hidden in the pic and I think it was posed like it for the photograph.

4) The rayon like lining looks fairly convincing in the pics: however, I have handle fake Officer's M38 cap (sold as such) which had just the same lining material.

5) The wear. Overdone and in the wrong places.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!