Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original sidecap ?

Article about: Hey guys, Looking for help authenticating this sidecap. They advertised it as German EM Panzer Wool Garrison Cap. The lot of WW2 stuff they were auctioning ranged from known fakes (m 5/8 dea

Default Original sidecap ?

Hey guys,

Looking for help authenticating this sidecap. They advertised it as German EM Panzer Wool Garrison Cap. The lot of WW2 stuff they were auctioning ranged from known fakes (m 5/8 deathhead buttons) to authentic grey Waffen SS officers cap. I did some comparisons and research on here but you guys have the expertise to say definitively real or fake. If it is fake could you point out what exactly stood out to you so I can retain that knowledge and use it in my future purchases? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original sidecap ?   Original sidecap ?  

Original sidecap ?   Original sidecap ?  

Original sidecap ?   Original sidecap ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original sidecap ?
    P
    Many

one note, it shouldn't have a RB no. I'm not expert on these.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    one note, it shouldn't have a RB no. I'm not expert on these.
    Neither am I but there is nothing on this cap indicating it is for Panzer.
    It is simply a Heer overseas, (garrison), cap.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I didn't think it was actually a Panzer cap, that's just how they advertised it. I'm just curious if it is an authentic cap. I'd be more than pleased with a heer overseas cap.