Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?

Article about: I came across this pekuro, the diamond reminds me of the typical early post war examples... somehow it does not really look like a TR cap imho but the Seller seems to be experienced and has

Default Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?

I came across this pekuro, the diamond reminds me of the typical early post war examples... somehow it does not really look like a TR cap imho but the Seller seems to be experienced and has a lot of really nice rare Original visors for sale, so that made me wonder...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?   Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?  

Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?   Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?  

Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?   Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original unknow police visor.. or post war trap?
    P
    Many

Yes, your instict is correct--it is a postwar visor for some unknown BRD organisation with a post-war added M-34 eagle (which may be real).
    Pekuro used this "Reichspatent" logo until at least 1954.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

seller asks more than 2k, a bit overprised for a kokarde and an early eagle imho

vb--who is selling it?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

'the marshals baton'

Cool

Here you have a link for an original WW2 Police Schirmmütze. Its at Espenlaub Militaria ( a trustworthy WRF-sponsor).
    This nice cap goes for 604 USD, add some 20 USD more for shipping.. That´s 1374USD less than the 2K that this blue "constructed" cap goes for...

3rd Reich WW2 issued Ordnungspolizei officers visor hat

And this other one is at the WTF classifieds, for 475 & 25 USD... thats 1500USD less..

Police visor cap for sale - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

so, options there are.. more reliable.. and very much cheaper..

i just checked out the blue Police Visor that "vonbrugge" posted.. its on sale for 2350 USD... I am nobody to judge what a seller asks for his items.. But that is still A LOT of money. for this price one coud get 3 o 4 "good" ones...

Look at the composition of the chin strap. Looks to be cheap plastic. The seller needs some feedback! NH

ouch.................wise move to post first !

Most of the material on his site is consignment. A few years ago, he had a black SS officer's cap with a fantasy RZM tag. I wrote him to let him know it was a fake and the response was negative. There was a large collection of fake caps on the site consigned by the same collector. I just think he does not know or vet his caps properly.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 12-01-2016 at 09:30 PM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast