Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pair of dodgy SS caps.... maybe???

Article about: Hi guys. I picked these up today. The owner seemed to think they were both bad... and I am not one to argue. I however am not sure of the authenticity of any or all the pieces in this group.

and as I look at it, the Totenschaedel on the M43 cap might be an oxidized, real officer's badge, too, which is very hard to find.

There are a number of real ones of these in the Beaver/Shea book and the Bando Beaver book.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pair of dodgy SS caps.... maybe???
    P
    Many

".....The owner seemed to think they were both bad... "

The above is one more reason to spend time with the personages here who endeavor to serve the truth versus its opposite.

This false negative syndrome with SS headwear is generalized. Thank God no one threw these out.

The bulk of SS headwear on display in the internet is fake. Much of the palaver about these items also enjoins maximum paranoia about fakes.

Few have ever examined a real piece, and fewer, fewer, fewer still have actually owned such caps.

The peaked cap at hand is real. It is not immediately evident to many as such, but that fact does not change its authenticity.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-05-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Here is Mr. Mint's assemblage of authentic caps of this type, to which the subject item compares fairly well.

SS Gray-Top White-Piped OFFICER Visors

I didn't have much time today to get good pics. I'll pull out the good camera tomorrow and post good pics of both pieces.

You have got yourself a real grey SS officer's peaked cap with an up check from one of the most acute observers of this material, Mr. Mint.

And I vote "yes," as well.

I posed some better pics of the M43 in the SS insignia forum to at least get a feel if the insignia are authentic. The Visor being good is a good sign I think... but I'd rather folks with much more experience then me have a look at it.

Here's the link.

M43 SS Cap With Insignia.

imo the M43 is ok to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2