Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?

Article about: by zippa43 Gentlemen moderators. I ask you to leave this topic open until that time until I get to the comments seller and other opinions of experts on the subject. with respect. Mr. Stonemi

Default re: Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?

Quote by zippa43 View Post
    Gentlemen moderators. I ask you to leave this topic open until that time until I get to the comments seller and other opinions of experts on the subject.
    with respect.
    Mr. Stonemint is enjoined to offer an opinion, as are the other leading lights here. I am just one personage, and though some of you accord me knowledge, I defer to others who are more informed than I am. Thanks and good luck.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Excellent idea and has my full support. Might I suggest a name? The Authentication Forum!
    no other comment Ben

Dealer agrees to return the I money.
    He assures me that
    This is original nonetheless.
    Private sewing.
    The dealer does not want public statements on the matter.
    I think this topic has become outdated.

I ask others here to recommend to you some dealers who might have an authentic cap of this kind. I surely do not want any public statements on this matter either, as I think the public lynching thing is out of place and ill serves this exchange. Such being said, there is a lot of larceny out there, but I personally have no answer for it. I did not in 1966 and I do not now. Others who want to make these sites into a cyber gallows can do so without my support.

where is the cap? lol

Now it is gone. It was a Janke and pretty ordinary. This thread is further evidence of the general syndrome I have decried to no good effect.

Hi Ivan, please repost the pics.

Cheers, Ade.

?

FB's idea of a separate area for authentication and analysis of said items is a new and worthy idea for any forum for the following reasons.

1. For anyone wanting opinions as to whether an item is genuine or not, there would be a dedicated area for such discussions. If the appropriate people are put in place to supervise this area, hopefully it can run smoothly, efficiently and with the minimum of pain inflicted on the owners and potential buyers of the items. In other words, no personal comments about the buyer, the seller or the collectors offering an opinion.

2. For collectors who wish to discuss or read about something other than the authentication of an item, they would have their own area. I feel this is very important because as FB has already mentioned, it can become very tiring and frustrating to have to trawl through all the "original or fake?" threads just to find something new or interesting to discuss.

3. For collectors who wish to show items from their collections but do not want to get into discussions about authentication, they would have their own area. Also very important because a lot of people have tremendous collections that never see the light of day because of the fear that should they post photos publicly, the items will be ridiculed and condemned. If we had a "safe" area free from such remarks, I'm sure we would see a lot of interesting and rare things.

?

Oh and I was going to comment on the hat that started this thread but as the photos have been removed, there is little point in me doing so now.

Just sums up the frustration that these threads can bring.

?

Excellent idea Ben - having a separate forum for authentication and another for "show and tell". This is a relatively new site and not yet set in it's ways so I believe this idea could take off and really set WRF apart from other forums. We are indeed fortunate to have on board here some very experienced (and humble!) collectors to include BenVK, Friedrich-Berthold, Stonemint, Karl-S and several others whose opinions I value.
    I know I've been burned by fakes and almost gave up collecting, I think most collectors have.
    I'm happy to hear you are able to return the visor, Ivan.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast