Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?

Article about: by zippa43 Gentlemen moderators. I ask you to leave this topic open until that time until I get to the comments seller and other opinions of experts on the subject. with respect. Mr. Stonemi

Default re: Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?

Thanks, dear colleagues, for your worthwhile interventions. There is no eradication of the conflict and stresses and strains that always exist in society and in this society, in particular. However, Ben's idea is a very sound one and I thank him and others for seizing on my suggestion. Such comes after years of rolling the rock up the hill to endure it fall on me again and again. We all have enough grief and frustration in our day-to-day lives without the further heartache of making some unseen person unhappy or summoning scarce patience to respond to inane and offensive posts out of an antiquated sense of honor and fairness.

I also do not want to be an elitist, but I also want to summon more rare and marvelous material out of the nooks and crannies, which has happened ever less.

For instance, the bulk of my collection has never been photographed and I have no intention of showing most pieces because of the present state of human affairs on such sites as this.

I will write to Bob Hritz and to Adrian Stevenson.Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-29-2010 at 04:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    the bulk of my collection has never been photographed and I have no intention of showing most pieces because of the present state of human affairs on such sites as this.
    Can't say that I blame you for that FB.

Ben
    That is a great idea, i would support it, and it could be a first :

There also has to be some process of disinterested authority, i.e. a reduction of conflicts of interest, which are often at the seat of the problems in certain cases. I do not know how to resolve this problem, though such is done in civil society to good effect. The other sites (lord of the flies) are corrupted to a high degree by such conflicts of interest, which operate here far, far less. We all have a financial interest in our collection, as well as the intangible but no less valuable aspect of our reputations. I am grateful for the praise offered here, which is undeserved, and whatever knowledge I have gleaned was at huge expense in time and treasure, for which one is ill compensated here with the dreary process of "is it real..." when one has little idea of to whom one is speaking.
    Such would not operate in old fashion institutions. But I must say that I have empathy for novice collectors who in good faith share their material, only to have it cut down in an anonymous and brutal electronic barrage as if in a science fiction movie. It is disgusting to me. We can and should do better, granted the cadre of decent and fair people on this site and with the guidance of our mentors here.Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-29-2010 at 05:50 PM.

The missing pictures I do believe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?   Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?  

Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?   Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?  

?

Ok, the cap above is a reproduction well known to most that have an interest and experience in collecting these things. I could go into a lot of details but I don't wish too right now and that just highlights the need to have seperate forums for this kind of thing.

Might I suggest that we ask Chris (Stonemint) to moderate a new authentication forum, if it's decided that this is a good idea. In my opinion, Chris would be the best person as he is extremely knowledgeable and respected plus has a very considerate and calm personality. I've never ever seen him loose his temper unlike myself for instance!
    I would be happy to help him out however as I do spend a lot of time online and could probably respond to posts more in keeping with the timezone of the larger European input here than other forums.

Anyway, just food for thought. I'm very keen to get this working if possible and would lead from the front if given the opportunity.

The problem here is lack of traffic but I'm sure we could change all that if we really set the benchmark for new ideas.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Ok, the cap above is a reproduction well known to most that have an interest and experience in collecting these things. I could go into a lot of details but I don't wish too right now and that just highlights the need to have seperate forums for this kind of thing.

Might I suggest that we ask Chris (Stonemint) to moderate a new authentication forum, if it's decided that this is a good idea. In my opinion, Chris would be the best person as he is extremely knowledgeable and respected plus has a very considerate and calm personality. I've never ever seen him loose his temper unlike myself for instance!
    I would be happy to help him out however as I do spend a lot of time online and could probably respond to posts more in keeping with the timezone of the larger European input here than other forums.

Anyway, just food for thought. I'm very keen to get this working if possible and would lead from the front if given the opportunity.

The problem here is lack of traffic but I'm sure we could change all that if we really set the benchmark for new ideas.
    Just to add my two cents worth; I would really like a Stonemint moderated authentication forum. Also, FB, I really agree with you about your reasons for not exposing your collection to this forum. I see some very brutal and baseless shooting down of items often here. Sometimes the critiques are reckless and irresponsible. How many authentic items have been put down as fakes just because someone wanted to be heard? I think educated critique done in a polite manner is wonderful, but there are some who seem to be deliberately out to insult the members who post their items. Most of the members here are not that way, but it only takes a small handful to get the ball rolling downhil to a point where honest collectors are discouraged from posting again.

My God!
    Do you still write here your clever speeches?

I'm surprised
    You and your friends, are fond of bragging.

How do you like to chew and enjoy not successful purchase of other people.
    any officer of the Third Reich would spit on all of your words!
    Do you like this lesson whether or not I do not care.

I see you steal my photos.
    And then put them on public display.
    What do you want to say to yourself and to others that you're a tough guy?
    You know, I'll tell you so.
    I say goodbye to you and your site.
    I and many others have long understood that such forums were just mundane and self-righteous teenagers.
    Goodbye.
    good luck to you scribes and Pharisees.

?

Oh dear , he seems to be a little upset, mind you i dont mind being called a teenager again, even if i am in my fifties

All of this underscores my point that we need to channelize, detoxify, de-deconflict, pacify, and otherwise get under control a phenomenon that is noxious, toxic, unhelpful and, in the end, a huge bore. But somehow the anger in Mr. Zippa's post has its own poetry, you have to warrant. I am also anything other than a teenager, mind you.Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?

Just to distract from the foetid odor in the room, here are hats of mine that I to share with you chaps. .Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?Panzer Heer schirmutze: what do you say?

PS The SA kepi I sold to Bob Coleman somehow. I have also known many officers from the III. Reich and they actually read what I wrote and even liked it....

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast