Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer Visor hat

Article about: I recently purchased this hat and im not sure if its a real original or a very elaborate reproduction full front view of the hat side view of the hat back view of the hat inside view of the

Default Panzer Visor hat

I recently purchased this hat and im not sure if its a real original or a very elaborate reproduction

full front view of the hat

side view of the hat

back view of the hat

inside view of the hat the leather brim inside is very dry and crack and the actual visor is made out of leather instead of the standard material

the makers mark

this is weird its all around the hat too looks like it was poorly stiched which leads me to believe if this is an original that it was converted from a standard visor into a crusher cap

hard to see in this picture but there is a removed eagle with swastika from this hat

REALLY hard to see in this incredibly out of focus picture but there appears to also be the outline of a removed totenkopf on this hat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Visor hat
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer Visor hat

Hi, Richtofen. I believe it is a replica.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Im thinking the same Steve, mainly due to the cloth, before going to the insides

Sorry this is indeed a fake made by Janke some years ago.

Janke is a German Company who make replica caps and uniforms. They have been around over 25 years. Some caps were made with a few original parts, such as lining and chinstraps taken from original but trashed items or bought from old tailors shops. These were re-cycled into their fakes. Nowadays their caps use all new materials. Many of there caps feature makers marks, some of which were original period makers, while others are complete fantasy fabrications.

Original cap badges were used by them in the early days before prices exploded to today's record levels. In fact if you are lucky it is possible to pick up one of their old fakes for the price of less than the cap insignia is worth. (They did the same with uniforms too). Due to (original) SS cap badges being very expensive they do a trick. Take a fake badge. Place it on the cap and spray the whole thing with cold tea. Take off the badge and you are left with a ghost impression of where it once sat, leaving a clean area. Another trip is to place a heavy weight on a metal badge to leave an impression on the cap.

Please try and obtain a refund.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

good information ade thank you

tom

Hi Tom, glad to help.

Have a look here at my friend James Brown's online shop. I have known James many years. He is a dealer, collector and re-enactor.

James runs this business as a sideline to selling original items. These are on a separate site to his main shop. I think you will find it intersting?

Online Shop

Look at the quality.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

wow some of those jankes are amazing if only they were the full monty at that price the GFP NCO Peaked Cap looks stunning only the insignia on it makes me think fake he really was a good faker

tom

Still in business Tom. He will even make things to custom order if he knows you....

Cheers, Ade.

you mean he is still making fakes he must be very old now...

tom

Hi Tom, no the business was taken over by the Son I believe.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast