Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?

Article about: Pictures are attached. Your thoughts please? -Martin

Default Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?

Pictures are attached. Your thoughts please?

-Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?   Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  

Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?   Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  

Attached Images Attached Images Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?

Looks good to me.

Cheers, Ade.

it looks good but thats the trouble,for a item thats at least 65yrs old its to good.do you know any history on this item.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    it looks good but thats the trouble,for a item thats at least 65yrs old its to good.do you know any history on this item.
    No story with it, its just for sale. Are you saying its uncommon to find third reich hats in this condition?

-Martin

Looks good to me

Here's one just like it,
    The Collector's Guild

Hi, an original piece.

Joe

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    Looks good to me

Here's one just like it,
    The Collector's Guild
    Yeah, I have seen that many times. The only reason I have been so careful and have asked for more sets of eyes is because this same dealer is selling two really bad fakes. I saw this one and that it was real. Even though I am a police collector, I thought it would be smart to have everyone look at it to make sure that there is not something I am missing.

I was going to post pictures of that other headgear, but it is now gone from the site he posted them for sale and also from his personal site. I do not know if he got called out by someone or sold them to some poor guy. However, I do know this hat is real, the price is right, and I need it for my Gendarmerie project. So I guess it is what it is.

-Martin

UPDATE:

I found pics of his fake hat.

The schutzpolizei green hat is 110% fake for sure. This is maybe bundeswehr at best. The 1936 police cap and 1939 police cap had the piping around the side or through the middle, not both.

The general's cap I do not know enough about to be certain, but if I had to venture a guess I think it is fake as well.

This is why I questioned the first cap. But since this is a forum where we all can learn something, I wanted to post the fakes as well.

-Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?   Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  

Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?   Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  

Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap?  Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap? 

?

"Please authenticate this Police Oversees Cap? "

It's a rare item of headgear, not many people have handled original caps of this kind. IMO, it has potential but I would never suggest you buy it. You need to find someone with experience of Polizei uniforms to advise you or just walk away this time and educate yourself.