Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??

Article about: Guys, Need some help on this one. Not sure if it is real or fake or what branch it is. I took a chance as it is returnable. At first I though it may be a Feuerwehr but those are blue and thi

MAP
    ?

Default Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??

Guys,

Need some help on this one. Not sure if it is real or fake or what branch it is. I took a chance as it is returnable.

At first I though it may be a Feuerwehr but those are blue and this cap is all black with red piping. Any help?

Second, not sure if this is a real one. Is it a converted post war Pekuro?

Overall is it in near perfect shape.

- Maker is Pekuro
    - Cap band is velvet
    - Sweat shield is missing
    - Sweat band is ersatz leather
    - top inside liner is not satin or cloth but a plastic type material
    - front padding under sweatband on forehead is still very soft foam (my ErEl Luft visor is dry and brittle)
    - Named to a Helmut Lindhorst along with some other illegible writing

Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Michael

Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei schirmmutze - Pekuro??
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a feuerschutzpoliei with a second pattern insignia to me. The color variation, I have no idea? More info will be on the way, hope for the best.

MAP
    ?

Quote by visor View Post
    Looks like a feuerschutzpoliei with a second pattern insignia to me. The color variation, I have no idea? More info will be on the way, hope for the best.
    Thanks Visor,

that's what I thought as well but I've only seen blue version (in our esteemed Stonemints thread). Not sure if I overpaid or underpaid for this. It was $300, but I took a chance knowing that it was returnable.

Still have some nagging thoughts on originality due to the color and the plastic like interior lining.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Visor,

that's what I thought as well but I've only seen blue version (in our esteemed Stonemints thread). Not sure if I overpaid or underpaid for this. It was $300, but I took a chance knowing that it was returnable.

Still have some nagging thoughts on originality due to the color and the plastic like interior lining.

Michael
    I could not live with that kind of doubt either. I hope it is not post war, but at least you can return it. Still a bummer. Best of luck my friend.

MAP
    ?

Thanks! Hopefully others will come along and provide some more help on what this is. For all I know, the piping has changed color with age and the "black" is just a really really really dark blue.....but I don't think my eyes are that bad yet.

Michael

MAP--sorry to say, but it is a Postwar BRD Fireman's cap.
    There are a few "tells" on this one, the first being the "PEKURO" stamped into the sweatband (something not utilized during the TR, and the second being the lining, which is rubberized (during wartime they used stiffened, treated oilcloth).
    Let us know how it goes with the return.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP--
    See post 22 in the BRD Poseurs thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...eurs-338398-3/
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I took a chance as i didnt have my reference books available but expected this to be a postwar conversion. While I was unaware of the now obvious Pekuro stamping issue, the black foam and rubberized liner had me worried from the start. And now that I look again, I see that the stiffener for the peak has been removed to add the badge.

No worries however. My dealer is a good man and will take it back. I still owe him $ for an SA dagger that I can put it towards.

Regards,

Michael