Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible Waffen-SS officers Visor cap

Article about: I wanted to get opinions on this visor cap from you all. I have a couple concerns. First and foremost, I know anything SS is already touchy territory for fakes, and on the inside of the cap

Default Possible Waffen-SS officers Visor cap

I wanted to get opinions on this visor cap from you all. I have a couple concerns. First and foremost, I know anything SS is already touchy territory for fakes, and on the inside of the cap is giant SS letters which I haven't seen in other photos of authentic caps. The liner is a dark color instead of a light brown. The helmet skull is marked m1/52 and I wasn't able to find any other markings on the cap itself. Another concern I have is near the front of the cap where a thin piece of paper material is by where you'd secure the metal insignia.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Waffen-SS officers Visor cap   Possible Waffen-SS officers Visor cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Waffen-SS officers Visor cap
    P
    Many

Horrible fake insignia, fake stamp, huge fantasy label that doesn't have the slightest resemblance to anything used in the Third Reich period...

Oh, and the cap itself is an East German NVA one.

Hello. This is a one looker no go. There are many problems with the cap it s a outright reproduction. The stamp on the interior should stop you right there. The insignia is maybe 1970's fakes but in reality it all could be as new as a week ago. Stay away. Kindest regards.

Brian

Quote: and the cap itself is an East German NVA one.

Thanks Andreas for the correction. I thought it maybe was but it just all looked too new to me. Kindest regards.

Brian

P.S. Damn you type fast!!

I have no idea when it comes to SS items so I figured I'd come here to confirm my concerns. Thank you all for the confirmation!

?

Throw away the fake insignia and give this NVA schirmmütze a chance to be its original self. NVA mützenabzeichen are not that hard to find.
    (this is what I would do)

Regards, Rik

?

A round ink stamp that is designed for letters still fully visible on a place where sweat would easily 'wash' the ink out of the hat? Dont make me laugh, this is one of the worst attempts at an SS hat that I've seen in my 6 years of collecting

The gentleman selling it trying to call it an original so I'm not sure where he's getting his information from.

CBH
    ?

I would suggest you pay 25$ and join the Forum, you'll see the threads with what to look for and what to avoid with regard to High End Caps.

?

Quote by HGZezima View Post
    The gentleman selling it trying to call it an original so I'm not sure where he's getting his information from.
    From your wallet...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast