Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post War Police Visor?

Article about: Thanks for checking out. On ebay right now just cant figure this one out. It only has top piping and a bit unfamiliar to me. Maybe a postwar? Thanks

Default Post War Police Visor?

Thanks for checking out. On ebay right now just cant figure this one out. It only has top piping and a bit unfamiliar to me. Maybe a postwar? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Police Visor?   Post War Police Visor?  

Post War Police Visor?   Post War Police Visor?  

Post War Police Visor?   Post War Police Visor?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post War Police Visor?
    P
    Many

?

See here (post # 4):

Mystery Maker: Unus Pro Multis

Postwar label of Mystery Maker: Unus Pro Multis

Bummer, Cant see the link, I dont have permission. It seems its because I am not a gold Member? I have more than 5 posts/replys so that can't be it..

?

Sorry, I forgot, this is for paying members only. Anyway the maker did make cps during the TR, this, however, is his post-war logo. I'm not sure what the cap the thread started off with was, post-war police caps mostly had three rings of piping as had TR ones (that's why they are often used for fakes) this one seems to have just crown piping.

In my opinion, it's a Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS) cap.

Thank you both for confirming my suspicions and the link!!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    In my opinion, it's a Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS) cap.
    Yep, BGS aka Federal (West German) Border Protection. Looks like this with badges;

Post War Police Visor?

BGS were raised as a police force rather than as part of the Bundeswehr for political reason.
    BGS kit from the cold war period is collectible though and is getting hard to find it just depends on your collecting focus. I have BGS items in my collection because it represents an inextricable part of the post war intra German history of BRD and DDR that was a direct consequence of WWII.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

CBH
    ?

Quote by Thebryguy View Post
    Bummer, Cant see the link, I dont have permission. It seems its because I am not a gold Member? I have more than 5 posts/replys so that can't be it..
    "Join WRF Club" on the top banner, it 25$ US and well worth it if you collect TR Headgear.
    I find many new members don't realize this, it opens up more sections of the forum, it's well worth it.

Quote by Thebryguy View Post

Want to See & Learn More? Join the WRF Gold Club!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Pulled the trigger! Great references in the gold section