Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Pz.SS M43 cap (Wittmann-style)

Article about: Mauro, if you have inspected ex your M 43, which you have trade to Aleks, then you can see the small diference, as much of this hats had. The liner connected to the visor with inside seam fi

?

The detail about the lining in these caps is something I'd rather keep secret, if the fakers start replicating that, we're in deep poo.

I think you've made the right decision about sending it back. The cap is forever tainted now which is a shame IMO because I still think it has potential and anyone who is serious about collecting fieldcaps knows that a hands on inspection is a must. Digital images only take you part of the way.

Lastly and I know he won't mind me saying this because I've known him for years, Lenny is not the last word in authenticating M43 caps.
    Myself, Lenny, Glenn, 90thlight, Billbert, Tony and many others all learnt about M43's from sharing info with each other on the WAF many years ago.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I did owned that cap and is 100% original form personal household, now those picture's are not good, they must be taken in daylight.
    I came personally do bring the cap so he can see It in hand so that there's no confusion afterward. Now Like I said to Krisse and on a previous thread, the Insignia have been resewn of course, and that he was aware of. When he came week laters to tell me I don't want this cap for no real reasons, I can't accept that. If his thread already starts with " I don't like this cap,..." that means a lot. Now since I want to be fair, I told him to send the cap for expertise, and If that turn out to be fake well I will take that cap back of course. But user Krisse seems to be afraid of this proposition.
    ABout discoloration you have to see how It was stored and so on. That It is discoloured on the above is normal since It was used.
    I have somepicture's form the cap when It was without the insignia, the ghostst on them were well visible. I can provide all the info and picture's needed.
    Kind Regards,
    Sid

and yes now he has tainted this cap wich would be working against him. Krisse send It for expertise and We will see If It's good or not.
    Kind Regards,
    Sid

i'm open to change my opinion, show pictures!

?

Ben you are quite correct, there is no "last word" on any militaria. I say that about Lenny as he was kind enough to spend an hour or so in person with some M43's at SOS a few years ago giving me one hell of a lesson on them, his level of knowledge, like yours and others is incredible. In any case, when he speaks I listen. I also agree with Mauro, Roy and others who are not comfortable with it and I am wide open to counter opinions as well.

It is after all, a discussion forum. Some may like it, others, may not. It is a lesson on why good photos are a must.

Sadly, it is also now a lesson for all readers in ensuring you have a clear return recourse and procedure from a seller, whether private or a dealer and not so much about the cap's viability as a wartime piece.

Personally, a buyer should accept a return and grant cash refund immediately if a seller is not comfortable with a piece and not demand the buyer prove his case, unless a large amount of time has gone by or the seller clearly stated the buyer had 7 days (or whatever) to do his due diligence. For me an ethical seller will always grant a refund if the item is questionable by respected members of the collecting community.

I do not believe Mr Sid is playing fairly and I would caution anyone from buying a tunic button from him without a written return procedure including timelines a buyer has to perform his due diligence.

The cap is now tainted due to the fact that the buyer and seller did not come to terms regarding a refund. Any good piece will stand on it's own merits. I recall an incident at the 3rd Max Show where I sold a number o Dachau SS cloth pieces I had recently vet purchased to a collector. He came back several hours later with one piece saying a British "expert" has said it was fake. it was an officer's trade badge with the cloth SS tag on the reverse. I told him to have his expert come and see me and if he convinced me it was bad, there would be no problem with a refund. I also told him to bring all of what he had bought back and I would give him a total refund on all as it all came together. His expert never showed, I gave him a refund on just the badge and eventually sold the badge for more.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    I did owned that cap and is 100% original form personal household, now those picture's are not good, they must be taken in daylight.
    I came personally do bring the cap so he can see It in hand so that there's no confusion afterward. Now Like I said to Krisse and on a previous thread, the Insignia have been resewn of course, and that he was aware of. When he came week laters to tell me I don't want this cap for no real reasons, I can't accept that. If his thread already starts with " I don't like this cap,..." that means a lot. Now since I want to be fair, I told him to send the cap for expertise, and If that turn out to be fake well I will take that cap back of course. But user Krisse seems to be afraid of this proposition.
    ABout discoloration you have to see how It was stored and so on. That It is discoloured on the above is normal since It was used.
    I have somepicture's form the cap when It was without the insignia, the ghostst on them were well visible. I can provide all the info and picture's needed.
    Yes, please post.

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    and yes now he has tainted this cap wich would be working against him. Krisse send It for expertise and We will see If It's good or not.
    Yes Sid, like I told in a mail... I allready contacted Mr. Weitze twice, even in German. But he's not answering. As he is the only dealer you recognize, I find that rather strange... I'm quit sure, that I send the cap to him, he will tell me that the cap is okay. Maybe you even bought the cap from him...
    If I send it to him, I also will send it to some others, that you don't 'recognize'...

?

Krisse, honestly I would simply ask for a refund and let Mr Sid do his own homework. The onus is not on you but on him to prove the cap's authenticity and he can send it to whomever he so chooses then. Any future buyer will have that as backup for a purchase. Perhaps he would send the cap to Lenny and Ben and they can discuss it with him and then Sid can go from there where he will with the cap.

But you should not be doing his homework IMO.

Sid, on behalf of buyers everywhere I would respectfully ask that you man up and simply give Krisse his refund and you can do the work you need to ensure what you have is authentic and resell it confidently. And I sincerely hope it works out for you both.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Krisse, honestly I would simply ask for a refund and let Mr Sid do his own homework. The onus is not on you but on him to prove the cap's authenticity and he can send it to whomever he so chooses then. Any future buyer will have that as backup for a purchase. Perhaps he would send the cap to Lenny and Ben and they can discuss it with him and then Sid can go from there where he will with the cap.

But you should not be doing his homework IMO.

Sid, on behalf of buyers everywhere I would respectfully ask that you man up and simply give Krisse his refund and you can do the work you need to ensure what you have is authentic and resell it confidently. And I sincerely hope it works out for you both.

Cheers
    Doug
    Thank you Doug.

Cheers,

Kris.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast