Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Pz.SS M43 cap (Wittmann-style)

Article about: Mauro, if you have inspected ex your M 43, which you have trade to Aleks, then you can see the small diference, as much of this hats had. The liner connected to the visor with inside seam fi

?

I'd be happy to inspect the cap and might even offer to buy it myself if I feel it's authentic.

Can someone post the link to the discussion on the other forum for me please?
    I'd like to read the comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pz.SS M43 cap (Wittmann-style)
    P
    Many

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'd be happy to inspect the cap and might even offer to buy it myself if I feel it's authentic.

Can someone post the link to the discussion on the other forum for me please?
    I'd like to read the comments.
    Okay Ben, I'll post the link. Sec.

Wagriff.If its the other forum I am thinking of I feel they are a bunch (not all) of know nothings!!I could tell some stories about that crew including the big book writer who thinks he's Gods gift to German collectors.Have been told of this guy by other collectors who call him some really choice names that he deserves.I would take the two experts thumbs up mentioned in your reply as they know what they are looking at and not like the gasbags from New Jersey.

?

Thanks for the link, I don't see any post by Lenny though.
    I have a lot of respect for Roy, Francesco and Doug however.
    No one has commented that the lining seam has most probably been opened and then re-sewn?

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Wagriff.If its the other forum I am thinking of I feel they are a bunch (not all) of know nothings!!I could tell some stories about that crew including the big book writer who thinks he's Gods gift to German collectors.Have been told of this guy by other collectors who call him some really choice names that he deserves.I would take the two experts thumbs up mentioned in your reply as they know what they are looking at and not like the gasbags from New Jersey.
    WTF? There are no mods from New Jersey on GHW2 and no authors. Methinks you are thinking of elsewhere.

in the end it doesn't matter what forum opinions came from its who is making them.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    No one has commented that the lining seam has most probably been opened and then re-sewn?
    Ben I want to qualify a comment I made on GHW2 I made when only the seller had commented on the other duplicate thread, I was unawares of this thread in the authentication section.

The only person who commented was Sid and Sebastian in that thread and Seabass hadn't the photos we had on GHW2.

Ben Lenny may have made the comment in a private conversation.

?

No worries Doug,

I'd like to decline my offer to inspect the cap now.
    We've all seen hundreds of threads like this before and it's just going to get really messy I'm sure.
    I've been in touch with KRISSE to ask some questions but he has to go to work now and doesn't have the time.
    Personally, I've been here before, trying to help authenticate caps but it's just not worth my time and effort anymore.

The only advice I can give is that you should know what your doing before buying a cap like this and know what to look for with it in your hands.
    Asking for second opinions is fine but you should have complete confidence in your own abilities and knowledge first and foremost.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Indeed, I was going to inquire of the seller, but decided to just shut up when the thread went to hell. As to how did he, or whoever, machine sew that eagle and ideally the visor may have been removed too to fascillitate.....by the way, I think the eagle is poly repro....synthetic blue /white sheen doesn't ring true. My personal opinion is that a coat got chopped up to make this piece....modern fine thread used and the stitch length and per inch not as found on many military garments but more like private tailor would use....even the side pull tabs are anal retentive and they were usually rendered from floor sweeping scraps. I am glad to hear the owner will be refunded....he stepped in doo-doo.

?

I think you may be right Nigel but it's so frustrating in threads like these because had it been in your hands or mine or Dougs or Lenny's, all these questions that digital photos can't answer would be cleared up in seconds.

That's really why I can't be bothered with it anymore.

This thread on WAF sums up how I feel. I wasn't asking or waiting for authentication.
    Dutch made SS Schirmmuetze - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast