MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Questionable africa corps cap advice needed

Article about: I am quite new to collecting and aquired this cap labeled as a africa corps cap from a seller in austria along with some other pieces which seem very original. Does anyone have any advice on

Default Re: Questionable africa corps cap advice needed

I got it in a group with some other stuff but all except the dak cap and the panzermuetze seem origional. I can post pictures of the grommets. Can either of you comment of the panzermuetze? I assume that to is a fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable africa corps cap advice needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Questionable africa corps cap advice needed

Hi

The "DAK" cap is a Fake 100 %. Many things wrong with this one including the stamp. Would like to see the inside of the grommets if possible ? From the photo don't hold much hope for the Pz sidecap either...

It has been mentioned about the palm tree emblem, These are almost always post war added by someone to make it ultra rare or somehow more cool. Have never seen a tropical cap with a palm tree on it that was legit. And only one DAK M35 stahlhelm with the palm tree insignia which was under the lid not external. This helmet belonged to a member of SV288 and was found at Alamien. It is a myth about the palm tree being on the sides of a helmet, and this usually means it has been messed with.
    Last edited by Tim OKeefe; 09-04-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2