Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Questions on 2 caps

Article about: I've had 2 caps for a little while now that I obtained when I had no thoughts about collecting and liked the designs. I'm not sure as to the origins of these two. I'm a greenhorn in the area

Default Questions on 2 caps

I've had 2 caps for a little while now that I obtained when I had no thoughts about collecting and liked the designs. I'm not sure as to the origins of these two. I'm a greenhorn in the area of uniform collecting. Any insight into these two, whether real/repro, would be greatly appreciated.

The camo cap seems to have an adhesive cockade, not stitched. No markings inside the hat. Well worn and salty in spots. The bill is very worn and can feel it cracked from use. The single button is faded with the number 21 on the back left of it, an eagle on the bottom, unknown right and on top are three stamped letters, the first two being F and L, the third unknown.

The second, after some reading, looks possibly DRK-grey and maybe post-war? I don't know. Inside has a plastic Albert Kempf tag: 20\66-Bund Zs No. 57 stitched in. The cap itself is wool and on the outside looks fairly new. Buttons a little faded. Nothing on the backside of the buttons. The inside looks very well worn with loose stitching along with the bill being well worn as well.

Neither cap had the eagle insignia on the front.

Pre-apology if the format is messed up. This is my first post with attachments.

Thanks guys,

Dero
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions on 2 caps   Questions on 2 caps  

Questions on 2 caps   Questions on 2 caps  

Questions on 2 caps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions on 2 caps
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Both are post-war West German, the camo one is rather rare and collectable in camouflage circles.
    Very similar to WWII designs but not worth near as much.

Awesome! Thanks for the insight into these caps. Even though they are post war, the history with these is really interesting since they both are well worn.