Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Rarest of SA Kepis?

Article about: This cap is a real puzzlement. I do not believe it has any connection with SA Gruppe Hochland or even the SA. The Gruppe color at the top is incorrect for Hochland. There is also a lack of R

Default The Rarest of SA Kepis?

It certainly has to be up there in terms of rarity--a white Officer Kepi for Gruppe Oberland.
    This is on Peter Jenkins site, and Peter notes it was for winter sports.
    First I have ever seen:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Rarest of SA Kepis?   The Rarest of SA Kepis?  

The Rarest of SA Kepis?   The Rarest of SA Kepis?  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Rarest of SA Kepis?
    P
    Many

The white has yellowed, but in this pic you can see the original white that has been protected by the (also white) chinstrap:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Rarest of SA Kepis?  

Never even seen or heard of this one until now.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, I had heard a rumor they existed, but until now, I had never seen one either.
    Now we know the SS, the RAD and the SA had their own white-tops for sporting events, so I would have to believe other organisations did as well. Time will tell....

?

Stunning and unbelievably rare!

Great find!!! Just a question as commented maybe possible this could be a summer kepi?..... As the SS had white uniforms for that season.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There is no note at all to be found about a white SA kepi in any of the official regulations.
    A white tunic yes, but with that the regular kepi had to be worn.
    And why that Edelweiss with Red Cross. Neither such item was mentioned for the SA.

Wim--was their regs for the RAD white-top? I have to believe that most of these '36 Olympic white-tops were strictly limited to these events:
    Attached Images Attached Images The Rarest of SA Kepis? 

?

Its certainly perfectly constructed, but I'd have more faith in it if it had some believable age to it...I'm undecided on this one...

No there were no regulations about the RAD cap (maybe indoors), but these hospital orderlies (Olympia Sanitätsdienst) were mentioned
    in various articles in magazines in those days (Wehrarbeit March 1937; Uniformen-Markt March 1937). You see them also in film. About a
    cap for the SA nothing was ever mentioned. Wouldn't the UM not have done this? Do you see white for the SA in the official films?

For me it is a more than a cooincedence such cap suddenly appears a year after the publishing of volume 5 for "Headgear of Hitlers
    Germany
    " where the RAD cap was told about. Isn't it strange an unknown Edelweiss with Red Cross pops up. For what reason
    such an SA cap would be worn? Remind that hospital orderlies came from the RAD and youth, helping hands, during the Games,
    came from the HJ. Why wasn't there a white cap for the NSKK, as they assisted with many services during the Games. They drove for example
    all high authorities, honored guests and special invited foreigners with special cars (the IOC-Staffel, the Gast-Staffel, the OK-Staffel and so on).

And tell me why is there a golden piping and button. Anyway that is what it looks like. Hochland had silver and why is there a golden eagle,
    which was not worn within the regular SA, but since August 1937 by naval SA. This type of eagle was not even introduced in 1936. It took
    until June 28, 1937.
    For me there is a lot wrong with this cap. Look at the inner! Peter knows as I told him when he mailed me.

Most white tops for various organizations came into being in 1938 and 1939, and not in 1936!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast