Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.

Article about: Hey all, Well here it is! My Michael Janke Allgemeine SS NCO cap from Extra Klasse. I have to say I feel like a kid at Christmas! The quality, Detail and craftsmanship is second to none. I h

Most senior collector refer to the "Allgemeine visors" as black SS visors and "Waffen SS visors" as grey SS visors. Doing so is more historical accurate.
    If you can, I'd skip the black and grey repo and buy a original!! It may take longer but in the end you will be much more satisfied knowing your item contains Real history and won't be burden with the hassle of trying to sell a repo which very few people want. Good luck sir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.
    P
    Many

Sean

James Brown at Extra class ...his caps are the best repro caps on the market IMO. That said you won't go wrong with one from Richard Underwood either.

They are both good blokes to deal with.

cheers

Tony

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.SS caps, not reproductions.

- - ------- - -

Lubstein made enlisted black SS caps. I own one. I am sure they made black officer caps, but I do not own one of them.
    They made grey SS peaked caps, too.

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Mr. Spandau is a man I trust in all things, and his advice should be adhered to with enthusiasm.

Eventually buy a real hat. After all, the devil will take your soul for about the same price, and the rest of us have made such a deal.

I sold my comely nieces into the seraglio of certain potentates to afford all of this, and it is pleasing way forward, if you have comely nieces

as I once had. They don't complain about the seraglio, either.

?

One word.. WOW! Absolutely stunning collection you have FB. I would like to get my hands on a nice original at some point but with my low monthly income and the joys of bills etc to pay, It wont be anytime soon. Now, I have an update which after viewing prior posts I fear will only serve to shock, Offend and horrify lol. I still have not fully decided but think I am leaning towards getting an Erel reproduction visor, But that wont be until next month now. I got side tracked and ended up spending a few hundred on a helmet so after that I thought unwise to go and spend another hundred plus on a repro visor. So for in the mean time and more of a purchase to sooth my curiosity really I bought this cheap reproduction Waffen SS visor from SOF. As usual with SOF in my experience what you receive is not exactly what you where looking at on the website. The cap was covered in storage marks and bits and the insignia was painted dark grey almost black! I mean why?? So I took the insignia off stripped the paint and polished them up. Cleaned the cap in general and I think it looks okay. I am sure it will be pointed out pretty quickly how terrible this cap is overall but I will just say what I think is wrong with it so you can correct me if wrong. Firstly its a fake Erel so the label is bad, The visor looks too small and not the correct leather, The leather liner is again wrong leather and colour and not to mention the insignia is probably awful. That being said the field grey wool and general construction seems very good and surprisingly good quality. Either way this will do until I get a proper Erel reproduction and price was reasonable. The helmets in the background are recent restoration projects I put in to distract anyone too offended by the quality lol. Cheers, Sean.

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.

FB do you still have all those Pz visors? This hidden one looks very nice

Quote by seandm View Post
    One word.. WOW! Absolutely stunning collection you have FB. I would like to get my hands on a nice original at some point but with my low monthly income and the joys of bills etc to pay, It wont be anytime soon. Now, I have an update which after viewing prior posts I fear will only serve to shock, Offend and horrify lol. I still have not fully decided but think I am leaning towards getting an Erel reproduction visor, But that wont be until next month now. I got side tracked and ended up spending a few hundred on a helmet so after that I thought unwise to go and spend another hundred plus on a repro visor. So for in the mean time and more of a purchase to sooth my curiosity really I bought this cheap reproduction Waffen SS visor from SOF. As usual with SOF in my experience what you receive is not exactly what you where looking at on the website. The cap was covered in storage marks and bits and the insignia was painted dark grey almost black! I mean why?? So I took the insignia off stripped the paint and polished them up. Cleaned the cap in general and I think it looks okay. I am sure it will be pointed out pretty quickly how terrible this cap is overall but I will just say what I think is wrong with it so you can correct me if wrong. Firstly its a fake Erel so the label is bad, The visor looks too small and not the correct leather, The leather liner is again wrong leather and colour and not to mention the insignia is probably awful. That being said the field grey wool and general construction seems very good and surprisingly good quality. Either way this will do until I get a proper Erel reproduction and price was reasonable. The helmets in the background are recent restoration projects I put in to distract anyone too offended by the quality lol. Cheers, Sean.

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.
    Hi Sean,

As the saying goes "It is what it is" and if these items make you happy that's all that matters.

?

Exactly Karl! It will do for now and I am sure when I get a better quality repro I will look at this and shake my head lol but I like it. I think I might either get one of the same model issue cap posted but from Richard Underwood or the one pictured below which is an SS Panzer NCO cap made by Erel from SOF. They are £80. Is that reasonable? It seems so to me, The ones on Extra Klasse look fantastic but are just too expensive for what could ultimately be just a temporary display. Cheers, Sean.

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    FB do you still have all those Pz visors? This hidden one looks very nice
    I certainly do. Happy hats.

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.The cap you single out is a Lubstein of wartime make. This is a Holters, of which I am especially proud. It is ex the Richard P. collection.

All the Pz caps I have are very nice.

I always have liked Pz army officer caps from the moment when I started to collect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast