Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA cap

Article about: Dear collectors, please can you help me and let me know your opinions ... Is this cap original or not? Thanks a lot and best regards H.

Default SA cap

Dear collectors,

please can you help me and let me know your opinions ... Is this cap original or not?

Thanks a lot and best regards H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA cap   SA cap  

SA cap   SA cap  

SA cap   SA cap  

SA cap   SA cap  

SA cap   SA cap  

SA cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA cap
    P
    Many

I like it alot! It looks unissued to my eyes. A very clean survivor kepi. Best regards.

Brian

Edit : shows a tad bit of water damage (top cap panel) on photo #9 but I wouldn't throw it out bed over that alone. Still a lovely period cap.
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-02-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Hmm...am on the fence with this one.
    The RZM tag is a good one, but it is for an Austrian maker, however, the color is for Germany proper (ie, Berlin/Niederrhein).
    Linings on wartime EM/NCO kepis also concern me.
    The sweatband is similar to Janke's.
    Eagle is a state eagle in zinc.
    None of these by themselves are disqualifiers, but taken together, they raise a lot of questions.

I cannot remember the maker (A2/1510), but it would be helpful to see other kepis made by them.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is a common Janke kepi (w/o artificial ageing)--note the similarities of the waterproof top; silk bow tie ribbon; lining; and standard Janke sweatband.
    Attached Images Attached Images SA cap  SA cap 

Thanks for the input stoney. The janke cap is convincing. I defer to your opinion on the matter. As a whole if fake it's damn convincing. The slight amount of rust on the vent hole rivet looks natural and makes sense when the water damage is considered. But it could be forced aging? I'm glad to stand corrected as I'm certain the asking price is not cheap. Kindest regards.

Brian

SA cap

I personally would pass on the hat.
    Original tags have been known to get transplanted onto Jankes, along with aritificial ageing.
    One has to remember that some of these Jankes are now 40+ years old.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I personally would pass on the hat.
    Original tags have been known to get transplanted onto Jankes, along with aritificial ageing.
    One has to remember that some of these Jankes are now 40+ years old.
    True and sound advice. I suppose as well being exposed to moisture the leather would not be so supple I guess. There's a makers logo/name embossed on the sweatband (right side 10th photo down) does it look familiar to you, and does it match the RZM tag#? Just curious. Thanks again.

Brian

Thanks a lot for your help - now I am convinced, that I will not take this cap ...
    Best regards H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA cap  

Yes, textbook Janke stamp: "Deutsches Industrie"