Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Kepi good or no?

Article about: Title pretty much sums it up, is this kepi good or no?

Default SA Kepi good or no?

Title pretty much sums it up, is this kepi good or no?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Kepi good or no?   SA Kepi good or no?  

SA Kepi good or no?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Kepi good or no?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Kepi good or no?

Can you post a picture of the RZM tag. The cap does not appear to be standard construction. Is there an indication of the 1929 pattern eagle under the current 1936 pattern eagle?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

There is no tag or markings anywhere on it. To make things worse that black sweat band you see has a very thing piece of white plastic protruding from one end, I don't think they had that kind of plastic back then. Plus, I can post pics, if I pull the brown material down the red area is actually BRIGHT pink. The entire thing just doesn't feel right to me... but I'm brand new to this too so I hope more people comment. The pin on the front, as far as I can tell, looks to be the only one ever put on the hat. Do you think the pin is real?

I should also add here that I am able to trade it back and send it back to Germany but if I do I need to let the fellow know soon, like today if possible so I REALLY hope I can get some of you experts to give me your opinions! Like I said, I am new at this but my gut says run.......

More pics for you...
    first showing how the top red area has been darkened and how underneath it's bright pink, second pic, if you look close, shows a tiny bit of plastic sticking out of the sweat band.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Kepi good or no?   SA Kepi good or no?  

?

That piece of plastic is a stringing which is inserted into the piping around the cap, from what i understand, all original piping had a cord interior and not plastic, also i just dont like the whole look of it, theres no feel good factor about it. RUN !!

I would wait for an unquestionable example. Your additional pictures present further doubt.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I don't think they even had that kind of plastic back then did they?

Copy !!!!