Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: Yes, it's possible. I would just take some matching wool and blend it into the remaining wool around the eagle. Same goes for the piping. It's very time consuming though so my usual advice i

?

Default re: Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze

No idea how this thread got closed, apologies.

Open again now!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze

A late-war Schellenberg, I like it...!
    Nice cap Adrian, A lovely addition.
    I wouldent replace the eagle if it were me.

Pat

?

Default Re: Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze

I finally got the cap in hand and managed to take a couple of photos of the eagle.

It appears to be glued on, not sewn but there is evidence another eagle had been sewn there in the past. On a couple of the photos you can see the remnants of some brown thread.

So, what do you think?

(Excuse the colour of my fingers, just cut the grass!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze   Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze   Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze   Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Great cap Adrian!
    Under the circumstances, I think you should replace this eagle with one that is more suited to the condition of the rest of the cap, and have Ben do it properly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph, if it turns out the eagle is a replacement I wouldn't have so many qualms about putting a slightly less moth eaten one on there.

Here are a few more images for interest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze   Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Thanks Ralph, if it turns out the eagle is a replacement I wouldn't have so many qualms about putting a slightly less moth eaten one on there.

Here are a few more images for interest.
    I don't believe they were glued on originally? As you said, you found traces of stitching.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yes, there are two visible brown threads, the same colour as the cockade is sewn on with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Nice cap, Adrian. I didn't know you were collecting these.
    What did you do with the eagle?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Hi Chris,

I'm not turning competely into a cap collector but I wanted an officer cap and I really liked the shape and look of this one as well as it having the eye catching red waffenfarbe of the artillery.

The eagle is still in situ mainly because I haven't found a suitable replacement yet..

Hi Adrian. It's a very subjective matter but personally i would leave it as is. It belongs to the character of the particular cap. Of course it depends on what makes you happy. That's the most important
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast