Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: Yes, it's possible. I would just take some matching wool and blend it into the remaining wool around the eagle. Same goes for the piping. It's very time consuming though so my usual advice i

?

Default Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze

Guys,
    I'm reasonably confident this is an original visor by Schellenberg but would like to run it past your critical eyes to confirm or deny my thoughts please.
    It's not the mintiest piece but it looks like it has character and I like the shape. There are a couple of moth nips on the piping, one on the top and the rim around the underside has been lunch for a few too but doesn't detract from the look on display.
    The wollen backing to the eagle has been munched on but I'm not too worried as I would replace the eagle and keep the original with the cap. The diamond is intact and my impressions are that it is a cap in average condition and just bears storage and moth scars.
    So, your thoughts please?

These are the seller's photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze   Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze   Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze   Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Schellenberg Heer Artillery Officers Schirmmütze

Looks great! I hope it proves to be original and as you say, replace the eagle and you're onto a winner!

Good late-war example.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thank you Gents, much appreciated.
    Late war because of the trikot material? The ersatz pressed paper sweat band? Or something else?

?

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement eagle? I've trawled through my usual favourite dealer sites but none have them for sale. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I honestly would leave the eagle in situ.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Adrian

Its late war based on the sweatband and the black underneath of the peak which may indicate that it is also lower quality material IMO. Also the tricot material is more common on later war examples of officer caps. The quality in manufacture remains but the materials available were not.

Also I have a" spare" insignia box with several eagles and this may be of interest to you. Pm me if your still looking for one.

cheers

tony

yep nice late war

?

Please do not remove the eagle.
    It might not be aesthetically pleasing but neither is the chewed piping and no one (I hope) would advocate replacing that.
    If you would like the chewed spots to be sympathetically repaired, drop me a line and I'll be happy to do it for you.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Please do not remove the eagle.
    It might not be aesthetically pleasing but neither is the chewed piping and no one (I hope) would advocate replacing that.
    If you would like the chewed spots to be sympathetically repaired, drop me a line and I'll be happy to do it for you.
    Thank you Ben, do you mean a repair to the existing eagle? That of course would be the much preferred choice.
    I had no idea it was possible to do so if you're willing to restore it to a better look than it is at the moment I'll be sure to drop you a line and we can work out the details.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast