Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie

Article about: Hi guys, Here is yet another cap that I am looking at purchasing. I like this one. It looks like a well-made private purchase cap to me. But you are the experts... Can I please get your opin

Default Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie

Hi guys,

Here is yet another cap that I am looking at purchasing. I like this one. It looks like a well-made private purchase cap to me. But you are the experts... Can I please get your opinions?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie   Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie  

Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie   Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie  

Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie   Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie  

Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie

I like it. I think it might be an early cap? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers, Pat

?

Very nice, the ribbon through the sweatband is an especially pleasing feature.

Hi Mo

Interesting cap. have you been able to handle it ar or you just going on the photographs ?

The exterior screams Erel made cap as it has the high shape at the front and the give away vented cockade. the interior tells us that the cap was supplied via a distributor but the sweatband is one i've not seen before on an erel. Could be a replacement maybe ? If you can handle the cap get some shots of the grommit on the front cap band and the sweatband to see if it is marked as an erel made cap.

failing that buy the one I have for sale its a beauty and an arty at that !!!!

Joking apart looks good if the price is right.

cheers

tony

?

It's not an eReL despite the vented kokarde, this maker, A. Loescher used a very distinctive and very well made stirndruckfrei system. Notice that 3/4 of the height of the sweatband is the usual leather but then you have another piece sewn onto it with such precision it's hard to see the join in photos. Outstanding workmanship on behalf of the sweatband manufacturer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie   Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie  

well, you live and learn.

thanks for the education Ben.

cheers

tony

?

My pleasure, it's funny because I have a terrible day to day memory Chris, lol, but I remember details of all the caps I've seen over the years.

well that's lucky for us that you do !

cheers

chris LOL......

Very nice cap ! rare SW....GREAT

Sebastian

Thanks for your help, gentlemen. Before, I was under the impression that only Erel used a vented cockarde.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast