Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Article about: Friedrich - on the inside top of my Kepi I can read 'Wasser......" which i guess reads wasserdicht or waterproof, there is also other lettering but well worn so unable to read.Looks lik

SS Kepi for Review and CommentSS Kepi for Review and CommentSS Kepi for Review and CommentThe SS Gruppe West cap is in several books, in fact, and about its authenticity there can be little doubt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi for Review and Comment
    P
    Many

Gottlieb's price for his kepi is a little steep. What does Ben think of Gottlieb's "colored pipes" in all their glory?

SS Kepi for Review and CommentBen was kind enough to alert me to this cap (right), which was originally found by Jenkins. It is a wonderful cap, but it is unmarked. The SS Gruppe West cap, which I think is a Kupper, is on the left.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-09-2013 at 11:33 PM.

?

Who owns the Gruppe West cap? That one is something very special..

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Gottlieb's price for his kepi is a little steep. What does Ben think of Gottlieb's "colored pipes" in all their glory?
    Ha, that's an interesting one. I just sold my Pz piped cap and I'm already regretting it. The real ones are ultra difficult to find and there is zero chance of detecting a good fake via photos, you have to inspect them in macro detail.

?

I remember the two kepis when they were on the ROR website, and liked them both from the start. I've only ever owned one kepi- an officers' one with alu piping around the crown- and it bore certain similarities to some of those presented here, in that the lining was black, and the side lining was finely pleated. If I can find pics, I'll post them...
    Last edited by Arran; 08-10-2013 at 01:46 AM.

?

That would be most appreciated.

I think we're finally getting closer to being being able to authenticating these things to a certain degree via photos. It's been a complete lottery for years and years now.

SS Kepi for Review and Comment
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Who owns the Gruppe West cap? That one is something very special..
    Please don't tell anyone, but I own it. Or it owns me, rather. It is on the left. It was a sight cheaper than the kepi on the narcissist dealer website.

Quote by Arran View Post
    I remember the two kepis when they were on the ROR website, and liked them both from the start. I've only ever owned one kepi- and officers' one with alu piping around the crown- and it bore certain similarities to some of those presented here, in that the lining was black, and the side lining was finely pleated. If I can find pics, I'll post them...
    Thank you. Mr. Arran knows his SS regalia with a special skill.

Fantastic! so much from such an old and faded thing.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast