Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

SS Kratzchen

Article about: I had thought that said object was outed as a fake. In 1933 such as it was, the runes were not yet in use in black peaked caps, this feature having been introduced later, I think.....with go

?

Default Re: SS Kratzchen

:-)))

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kratzchen
    P
    Many

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I enjoy FB's montages, the forum would be a duller place without them.
    Much agreed, these montages give a "champagne fizz"(to borrow a phrase from Bismarck) to our little discussions that would otherwise be drowned in a banal sea of misspellings and misunderstandings.

SS Kratzchen
    A "Bismarck"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Bismarck"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Bismarck"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Biz Markie", not a "Bismarck".

The Dadaists prized collage as a way to break up conventional understanding and to create something new and vibrant, using humor and allusion to force the viewer to take away a different point of view on the world and their place in it. In short, to learn something.

SS Kratzchen
    A "Dadaist"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Dadaist"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Dadaist"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Fascist", not a "Dadaist".

Of note, the "Cabaret Voltaire", not far from V.I. Lenin's one-time lodgings, has been reconstituted in Zürich, but the physical address is of little merit these days. I bought a nice pin back button there though, and it makes me smile. So it goes.

?

As per FB's excellent suggestion I am reading Peter Longereich's fantastic book on Himmler, the man who is mostly to credit for all this nonsense, very enlightening and very worth the $20 I spent on it, and all the strange looks I get as I read it on the subway on the way to work.

SS Kratzchen
    A "Himmler", a "Reichsführer-SS".

It seems the flying Nazi's shall never land....lol There could be worse, I guess! Although...it seems to me that I Did see a William Shatner one in there somewhere...hmm...He Was good in the 1975 movie "The Tenth Level", at least! Superb movie!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I've seen one in the one of the Russian sources, in the end of 80's, it was a dienstmuetze labeled, made from a black drillich Kraetzhen and it was marked difinately by Gompertz firm. I 'am sure it was original, there was no knowledge and scills in that period to make such fakes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks. This is the best biography.

- - Updated - -

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I enjoy FB's montages, the forum would be a duller place without them.
    Thank you, Ben. An image often better illustrates some points germane to the human aspects of the regalia.

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Much agreed, these montages give a "champagne fizz"(to borrow a phrase from Bismarck) to our little discussions that would otherwise be drowned in a banal sea of misspellings and misunderstandings.

SS Kratzchen
    A "Bismarck"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Bismarck"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Bismarck"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Biz Markie", not a "Bismarck".

The Dadaists prized collage as a way to break up conventional understanding and to create something new and vibrant, using humor and allusion to force the viewer to take away a different point of view on the world and their place in it. In short, to learn something.

SS Kratzchen
    A "Dadaist"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Dadaist"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Dadaist"

SS Kratzchen
    A "Fascist", not a "Dadaist".

Of note, the "Cabaret Voltaire", not far from V.I. Lenin's one-time lodgings, has been reconstituted in Zürich, but the physical address is of little merit these days. I bought a nice pin back button there though, and it makes me smile. So it goes.
    I guess I have imbibed more cultural bolshevism than I imagined. Dada has its own merits, to be sure.

SS KratzchenAs a corrective to this odd and twisted subject, a prototype from a respected dealer and a base line for this kind of analysis. Photo courtesy of Bruce Herman. At the risk of being didactic, the general appearance of such an item (as compared on the Weimar variant I also enclosed) diverges from the purported SS items we see befoul these pages.

?

I couldn't agree more, the majority of these bogus SS examples are based on later SS black service cap designs which is urinating in the wind quite frankly.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I couldn't agree more, the majority of these bogus SS examples are based on later SS black service cap designs which is urinating in the wind quite frankly.
    Well said. A self licking ice cream cone, in fact, to mix the metaphor.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast