Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

SS Kratzchen

Article about: I had thought that said object was outed as a fake. In 1933 such as it was, the runes were not yet in use in black peaked caps, this feature having been introduced later, I think.....with go

Default Re: SS Kratzchen

Coy is Company, and it is an abbreviation used in the British military.

A hint: look in Google maps for Zossen, and then try to find the town of Essenfassen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kratzchen
    P
    Many

?

Nope, couldn't find it.

Seems to be a popular restaurant in Berlin though!

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenWhat you don't say..... Essenfassen is less a place than an activity, as it were, ergo the bowls under the arm.

Which is to say, that everyone makes mistakes in their books, and such detracts little or not at all from the central value of especially this set of books, which launched most of us into this search for the holy grail.
    However, this error is extremely funny in view of the photo and the pleased look of the recruits with their prospect of Erbseneintopf. I ate a great deal of Erbseneintopf mit Wuerst as a student in Bonn, in an innocent and far off time. Of one thing, I am certain, however, that '... beim Essenfassen, man findet aber kein Kraetzchen im Eintopf. '

If you go back to the beginning of the published books around the late 60's early 70's you of course will find tons of errors!.Angolias early books on military and political awards had a Germanic Profiency Badge that "DELTA INTERNATIONAL" a known surpplier of fakes listed in their catalog as real and that would be a nasty shock for some collector to find out his treasure is junk!! Most of the time the next book would have an appendix showing the errors of the last book.I dont know who can provide actual proof that there "KRATCHEN" is a real piece and thats why i just wrote what Mr. Wilson had to say.This is tough to find a real piece with the lowlife fakers making so much junk i am surprised that we dont sink under the weight of it!! Carl

If their was a store like that here in NYC. i would gain 25 pounds just by going by.Carl

No one has sallied forth with the bomb proof SS Kraetzchen, then?

?

I guess not FB!

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS Kratzchen
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    I guess not FB!
    The longings, the hopes, the dreams, the aspirations of thousands tricked and treated into nothing at this holiday season. Very cruel, don't you think?

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenFrankly, I think the persons in this picture are more interesting than some dumb old hat.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast