Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: The insignia on the loopy Pz cap are fake, too, but I will not make a "scull" thread here, in turn. These were made by Breiter, a firm still in business, actually, but with very un

yab
    ?

Default SS Officers Schirmmütze

Hi, can anyone in this forum tell me if there is a chance for that this visor could be good or it is a copy. I`ve got this visor together with another and a m43 for about 30 years ago by a family member for free. It don`t react on uv-light.
    Regards Yab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Schirmmütze   SS Officers Schirmmütze  

SS Officers Schirmmütze   SS Officers Schirmmütze  

SS Officers Schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS visor.

Please put your cap in the cap authentication forum, but I can tell you that it is a fake, and I think a Janke one. It is over the top in bogus marks. I am surprised it does not have a Duden or Brockhaus sewn to the lining, as well. Or the Rosenheim telephone directory. The Janus face, too, is more than a hint that the thing is junk. Other of these had a court jester in the logo as well. Adalbert Breiter is a real maker of SS caps, but someone else here can show you their logo. Nor have I ever seen a label with "Dienstmuetze 1937" or similar Quatsch.

KSH
    ?

To me it looks like a Janke reproduction. I could of course be mistaken.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:13 PM.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Please put your cap in the cap authentication forum, but I can tell you that it is a fake, and I think a Janke one. It is over the top in bogus marks. I am surprised it does not have a Duden or Brockhaus sewn to the lining, as well. Or the Rosenheim telephone directory. The Janus face, too, is more than a hint that the thing is junk. Other of these had a court jester in the logo as well. Adalbert Breiter is a real maker of SS caps, but someone else here can show you their logo. Nor have I ever seen a label with "Dienstmuetze 1937" or similar Quatsch.
    You write very quickly, F-B, I see you were well ahead of me there.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:13 PM.

SS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers Schirmmütze
    Quote by KSH View Post
    You write very quickly, F-B, I see you were well ahead of me there.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    Such is globalization, but this is not a contest. In any case, there exists a special place for this kind of query, where the real experts can generalize. However, the thing is a cruel trick, in fact, illustrative of fakes of a generation before the internet made them much more dangerous and accurate.
    Here are some authentic examples, but only with white piping.

PS My goal in life lies in authentic material and the history of same in a strict sense, and not in these lurid dissections and road kill glories of fakes, actually. Other specialize in said cottage industry and likely know much more than do I.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Such is globalization, but this is not a contest. In any case, there exists a special place for this kind of query, where the real experts can generalize. However, the thing is a cruel trick, in fact, illustrative of fakes of a generation before the internet made them much more dangerous and accurate.
    Here are some authentic examples, but only with white piping.
    Not a contest, but my slowness makes my initial post rather redundant as it is. Thank you for showing us the real thing, F-B, as always.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Authentic examples of SS caps with Waffenfarbe are to be found in the Shea/Beaver book. Authentic examples of grey caps can be found on certain sound dealer websites.

yab
    ?

Hi, thanks for the answers, I guess the insignia is copy as well? I am new here, how can I move it to the cap authentication forum.
    Regards Yab.

I think a mod will do that for you
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

yab
    ?

Hi, that would be nice.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast