Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SS Panzer Erel

Article about: Mr. Mint here knows his made up caps. Picking a fight over such an issue hardly fills this space with the kind of inquiry for which it was created. I have been collecting German headgear for

Thanks Stone, can you give me your opinion about that cap ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Thanks Stone, can you give me your opinion about that cap ?
    Lets wait for Mr. Mortyr to answer my questions/request....
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

?

I was way off with my Alteste guess!

Impossible to judge this cap now without further under the hood images etc.

thanks Stone, hard to tell more with these pics....

hmmm....looks like the hat is being dumped on Ebay:

Panzer Visor | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sspz.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	599611  
    Last edited by stonemint; 11-23-2013 at 04:18 AM.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Notice from his feedback he's sold an Eva Braun formal pattern dinner knife for $174.49, a Knights Cross with Oaks & Diamonds for $610, a WW1 Iron Cross and sundry pieces from an Air Ace for $813 and also a Pour le Merite (Blue Max) for $4,500. There ain't half some schmucks out there.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hello Gents
    Yes, I am the current owner of this visor. I will offer more detailed pics tonight when I return home. This cap is pinned on this site in the WSS Panzer authentication section as an OKK Erel. I firmly believe it's an original WSS Panzer Erel. Not sure who pinned it here as an example but I agree with the determination.
    Regards
    Mortyr

?

Quote by Mortyr View Post
    Hello Gents
    Yes, I am the current owner of this visor. I will offer more detailed pics tonight when I return home. This cap is pinned on this site in the WSS Panzer authentication section as an OKK Erel. I firmly believe it's an original WSS Panzer Erel. Not sure who pinned it here as an example but I agree with the determination.
    Regards
    Mortyr
    Mortyr,
    Although there is a little confusion over the issue, I believe caps are pinned in the Authentication section when they are perceived to be reproduction, not original. The cap you show uses a lining marked for the OKK, which was a Heer, and not a Waffen-SS, institution...

A.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Notice from his feedback he's sold an Eva Braun formal pattern dinner knife for $174.49, a Knights Cross with Oaks & Diamonds for $610, a WW1 Iron Cross and sundry pieces from an Air Ace for $813 and also a Pour le Merite (Blue Max) for $4,500. There ain't half some schmucks out there.
    We should expect some AH items soon then, right?.....

?

I still think the cap is an original. I know I'll take a beating here for it but I stand by my opinion.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast