Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS Panzer Erel

Article about: Mr. Mint here knows his made up caps. Picking a fight over such an issue hardly fills this space with the kind of inquiry for which it was created. I have been collecting German headgear for

SS Panzer ErelMr. Mint here knows his made up caps. Picking a fight over such an issue hardly fills this space with the kind of inquiry for which it was created.
    I have been collecting German headgear for about fifty years and must say that Mr. Mint's analysis is spot on.
    I, too, know SS caps, and here is a real Waffen SS cap with Pz Waffenfarbe.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Erel
    P
    Many

Quote by Mortyr View Post
    I think your ego is getting in the way of any real discussion here. You can't deal with it and that's a fact .
    You did not answer my question about purchasing it from Alden.

Your personal attack is a prima facie admission that you have lost the argument.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

& to further my objective with this forum (ie educating our members so they do not get burned by crap like the visor that started this thread), here is what to look for with regard to vented Erels. Most of these fake SS OKK Erels have nickel grommets. The cockade grommet should have brass crimps (at the very least), and the liner should not obstruct the vent--it should be cut short of it, or punched through the lining (as these examples demonstrate).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Erel   SS Panzer Erel  

SS Panzer Erel   SS Panzer Erel  

SS Panzer Erel   SS Panzer Erel  

SS Panzer Erel  

& for comparison, here is the SS fake--note the all-nickel grommet, and the fact that the lining has been crudely tucked back (not punched through), so that it still partially obscures the vent.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Erel  

Mint this might be kind of off topic but I had considered picking up a old panzer replica like this from my friend it is a old 77 78 gunshow replica that looks a lot like this he has a infantry one too back in the days when I looked for SS but didn't know what we were doing not much reference and no internet. I thought about it just to have a example I guess there is no harm in that. Especially if you don't have ten grand. If you remember those days old unscruplous dealers would tell you "Oh yeah genuine SS cap" I just love this modern age where these things come to light and the people selling them have no where to hide. Keep up the good work. timothy

I have now removed Mark from the forum.

This cap and the Gold 20th July wound badge of his were fakes plain and simple. Agreeing to disagree is fine, but when something is fake and is being sold on, it becomes a different matter.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

For the best, I'm afraid. For anyone to not agree with someone's opinion is one thing, but to get personal and insulting with someone with as high of integrity and respect as Stonemint, is absolutely unacceptable. And to top it off by continuing to try to sell the rejected items regardless of overwhelming opinion,evidence and judgement by the World's top experts in their fields is bordering on criminal.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Alas poor Mark, I knew him, Horatio...

'Ade's Airbrush' is doing sterling work of late.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Erel  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Stonemint,You could get blue in the face trying to explain to this guy about the hat in question.He knows that its a frankky and the other junk he sold is garbage!!He hates the fact that you use smarts and knowledge addressing this bad piece.I have seen enough of these repro guys and that's there M.O.You and F-B and the others always spot these guys!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast