MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss peak hat

Article about: I have a ss peaked cap I would like to add insignia to. I want to be sure it is authentic before spending the money on skull and eagle

Default ss peak hat

I have a ss peaked cap I would like to add insignia to. I want to be sure it is authentic before spending the money on skull and eagle.
    ss peak hatss peak hatss peak hatss peak hatss peak hatss peak hat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss peak hat   ss peak hat  

ss peak hat   ss peak hat  

ss peak hat  
    Last edited by cjsiewert; 11-11-2018 at 06:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss peak hat
    P
    Many

Hello the exterior of the cap looks minty fresh, while the interior shows a well worn item that has soiling and irregular construction/repair (the cloth liner stitching to the cap body). That alone would cause alot of suspicion for me. Something is off imo. Kindest regards.

Brian

Same cap in stoneys pinned thread section?

ss peak hat

SS Signals Schirmmuetzen

Post #5

I looked at Stoneys post and yes, it is the same hat. Authentic?

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure all the caps in that thread are fake. Sorry to say. Best regards.

Brian

Yes, I am sorry to say the hat is bad.
    I cannot recall who was selling it back in the day.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Yes, I am sorry to say the hat is bad.
    I cannot recall who was selling it back in the day.
    Like a bad penny, it keeps on turning up!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

OK, for me to learn, why is it bad?

Hello it's not a simple question to answer. But firstly any "colored" piped SS cap must be looked at with a great amount of scrutiny as they are beyond rarer than hens teeth. Then there's the cap itself. To be fair it's not the worst attempt at purported SS officers cap we ve/ I seen. But for me personally the piping as I stated shows no wear and is bit large on the diameter size. The center velvet cap band with the surrounding yellow piping is possibly the worst apect of it's construction, a fair amount of inconsistency can be seen the piping "wiggles" as it goes around the circumference of the cap. The velvet band also has a rather plush or padded look to it as well. Lastly as I mentioned previously the exterior condition does not match the interiors s condition. The sweatband is ragged and torn the sweatshield maker markings have worn almost completely off, but yet little wear or soiling to the exterior? It may have original materials used in it's construction or it could be an outright fake possibly janke production. But that would be better answered by those more familiar with caps than myself. Kindest regards.

Brian

?

You might like to see what people are up to here: Anatomy of an SS Frankenstein Visor Hat

I was told Bill Shea confirmed this to be period, private purchase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast