Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Schirmmütze

Article about: Good morning. I have a question about this visor. The owner told me, it is a private purchase. The cloth seems to be gabardine, the visor itself is made of leather. It is offered with full m

Default SS-Schirmmütze

Good morning.
    I have a question about this visor.
    The owner told me, it is a private purchase. The cloth seems to be gabardine, the visor itself is made of leather. It is offered with full money back guarantee and the bearers picture will be send with it.
    My question is: does anyone know this manufacturer? Are there any other examples of a visor like this?
    Any ideas?
    There are more and more fakes offerde and the fakers spend more time on meeting the genuine pieces.

Greetings

Grenzwolf
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze  SS-Schirmmütze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS-Schirmmütze

Unfortunately it is a reproduction although a very well made and attractive one.
    I believe the maker and logo to be fantasy which is something the repro firm Janke used quite often.

That would have fooled me!

?

The black piping around the sweatband along with the flutted underside of the peak are all tell tail signs of Janke manufacturing.
    A couple more examples. The silver piped one has possibly had the s-band replaced and has been aged in an attempt to fool.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Schirmmütze   SS-Schirmmütze  

SS-Schirmmütze  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-Schirmmütze 

?

Question. In pic No. 4 the weave in the fabric runs in different directions. Could this also be a sign of a fake/repro?

Regards, Lars

?

No, most if not all original visors have the weave of the cloth going in different directions.

Hi

Glad you asked before you bought this cap.

If you are asking about the front of the cap and the way the weave runs then this is ok.

The two pieces of cloth at front were joined together with the weave running in different directions. looks odd close up but works well at a distance.

cheers

tony

?

Ben,

Do you know why the weave of the cloth was characteristically arranged in this fashion? Was the purpose stylistic or is there something deeper that I am missing?

Warm greetings,

CMH

?

I've not seen the reason written down in black and white myself. (FB has a 1930's book on the subject I believe which might refer to it.)
    I personally would guess it has to do with adding strengh as well as aesthetics. If you have 2 pieces of cloth sewn together with the weave going in the same direction, it can tear along that direction. Sew one piece on at an angle and you've just added a lot of strengh to the construction.

Thank you all for let me taking part of your experiences. For me, it is really disgusting. So many fakes and copies.
    For me, the genuinity is important, because I want to feel the history in the pieces I got.
    Some people are satisfied, if there are some (in my country) forbidden and restricted symbols on it, no matter, if original or not.

Greetings

Grenzwolf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast