Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS-Schirmmütze Aritllerie Führer/Offizier

Article about: Real of fake? It is my first SS visor cap... Thank you for help! Gruß, Matze

great post by HPL.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hm, okay... Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image003 copy 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	762765
    Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    great post by HPL.
    Andreas is always right. As a student of German uniform for awhile, I suggest that it is quite likely that someone in the SS had a cap made with colored piping after XII 1940, despite Heini H.'s dumb order.
    He gave lots of dumb orders, which he sometimes enforced in a draconian way and then sometimes did not enforce at all.
    Granted the degree to which items of uniform were worn contrary to regulations in earlier times and since, I am fairly certain as a historical hunch that the Waffenfarbe lived on in some manner.
    It is a mark of how historically un informed and otherwise dogmatic some mediocre "collectors" are that they transpose their own drone like behavior in the globalized, big boxed present
    into the past. Anyone familiar with the German and Austrian military in the past and present beyond the beginner collector level would be loathe to generalize thus.

All this notwithstanding, real grey SS caps with colored piping or without are very rare and cannot be found by accident or at a bargain.
    They are concentrated in a few hands and are very expensive.

And, I will say it until I croak, that the two I owned, which were quite real, I just sold out of disgust.
    My disgust has transformed to pleasure in the dimension that one of these caps (above) is now in the best cap collection
    in the US and I have become cordial associates with its owner whom I wish to recruit for our site.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-09-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Andreas is always right.
    Hardly... But if I've learned a thing or two about these matters, it is because I have good teachers.

The hat that started this thread is really getting around in short order--Rudi "the tiger" just posted it for opinions on the WAF....

For info, this exact hat with what i believe was the very same insignia was sold a few weeks ago by Klaus Butschek, at his Trash auction or what it was called. It was a auction which sold mostly reproductions, something which was clearly stated.

It was listed as a parts hat, with some real parts and some fake
    i believe, and sold for around 260 euro (?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12