MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS side cap for review

Article about: A friend wanted opinions on this cap. I told him what I thought about it but he wants more opinions or info on it. All feedback is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Dean.

?

Default SS side cap for review

A friend wanted opinions on this cap. I told him what I thought about it but he wants more opinions or info on it.
    All feedback is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS side cap  for review   SS side cap  for review  

SS side cap  for review  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS side cap  for review 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS side cap  for review
    P
    Many

Hi Dean,

I'd give him the same advice you did !

cheers

Tony

Wow....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Heh, thanks Tony . At close inspection, the insignia appears to be embroidered by hand and def not a mass produced set of repros, IMO. As for being TR era, I'm not very keen on it. I'm not too familiar with the meaning of the "A" stamped over the label but I remember having a BW cap with it.

Note the "3/64" on the white label, indicating, to me anyway, March, 1964 manuafacture. The insignias are modern (Pakistani?) hand-embroidered reproductions.
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 06-11-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Hi Dean

Bundy cap all the way....................insignia is modern.

Interestingly this type of cap was the first one I ever got, I was about 6 yrs old and it came from the army and navy stores, without ss insignia I should say.

I remember being so thrilled with it I went to bed in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all down hill from there really.............

cheers

Tony

?

Thanks Gentlemen . My friend will be a bit bummed out after reading the feedback but at least he didn't break the bank on it. He won't be too surprised by the outcome because I already told him what I thought this cap to be. A textbook "one -looker" , in my book.

Again, thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. I wouldn't normally bug you guys with this but as I mentioned, I did it for a friend of mine so he would know for sure what he had. The good news is that my buddy said the seller would refund him the money he paid if he wasn't satisfied or discovered it wasn't original. My guess is the seller wasn't brushed up enough in basic essential TR knowledge to tell the diff between a fugasi and the real deal.

Tony, I like your taste as a child of six! I had similar interests at that age, like reading History books on everything from the TR and feudal Japan to ancient Egyptology . Thanks for sharing.

William, I also appreciate your helpful input, as always thank you!
    Regards,
    Dean.

I think the seller is a XXXXX !

cheers

Tony

?

Hmmmm....Tony, there are so many words that come to mind that would fit the blanks above! Although the word "douche-bag" may exceed the number of spaces..

P.S.

Bill G, I thank you for your input and I should point out once again, that the insignia on said cap appear to be hand made by someone as opposed to mass-produced designs we all see in the sea of fakes out there on the interwebs . The totenkopf and Adler are unique patterns (and a bit sloppy and sophomoric , I might add).

Dean, indeed Bundeswehr, side cap to the infamous "Filzlouse" uniform introduced around 1960, a heavy, itchy, scratchy (you get the idea!) not liked uniform replaced by the moleskin uniforms late 1960's..........I have not seen one converted to TR before as been stated, the one you show was made in March 1964 (3/64).
    Here's what it should look like................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS side cap  for review