Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Sidecap REAL or FAKE ? (Important)

Article about: I am about the buy this sidecap. Can anyone say this is real or fake ?

Default SS Sidecap REAL or FAKE ? (Important)

I am about the buy this sidecap. Can anyone say this is real or fake ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sidecap REAL or FAKE ? (Important)
    P
    Many

?

I’m afriad this one is quite fake. I suggest you search the forum or review the Beaver/Shea book for known originals as reference.

I think the stamp kinda gives it away ............ NVA; National People's Army, or Nationale Volksarmee, the military of former German Democratic Republic

?

Maybe you are a new collector and still finding your way. But like said above, the NVA stamp is a dead giveaway. And if you did not know what NVA stand for, a simple and quick online search would provide you the answer within seconds.
    I would also think the insignia are not authentic too.

Regards, Rik

Hello,
    The worst fake i have ever seen, the guy did not even try to hide these east german markings...
    Please, buy some good books about Waffen-SS headgear, just to see how they look like, before you spend your money on one of these creatures...they're more expensive than good books
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello and welcome to the forum, and I applaud you for posting before buying. You might want to get one of the books in this thread to start off:

Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Worth noting as well, in case you're just starting out in the hobby, SS paraphernalia is by far the riskiest facet of militaria to get into. Everything you can think of has been faked a thousandfold and then some. From full uniforms right down to individual buttons. I'd recommend anyone starting out to begin somewhere else and gain some experience, then go after the top dollar stuff.

In regards to learning and authentication, you've certainly come to the right place. Welcome aboard!

Regards, B.B.

N.V.A... Not Very Authentic.

Please, please! Heed the advice of B.B. Start somewhere else other than Waffen SS. The sponsors of this site are reputable dealers. If finances are a problem, some of them provide layaway plans. I'm certain you can find some really nice Schiffchen with one of them. Better to start with Heer of Luftwaffe first and get acclimated to the quality of production and materials as noted. Welcome to the forum and good luck. NH

?

Welcome to the Forum Kingotaur! You will Love this forum. Many Good men with great advice and unsurpassed knowledge. A little like Militaria Super Heroes for the collecting community...saving $ and hearbreak around every corner.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast