Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS visor cap real? Help please

Article about: Hi all im new to this blog, My late grandfather has left me his collection of german visor capsvand amongst them i have found a ss visor cap, my grandad use to love collecting ww2 relics as

?

Default SS visor cap real? Help please

Hi all im new to this blog,
    My late grandfather has left me his collection of german visor capsvand amongst them i have found a ss visor cap, my grandad use to love collecting ww2 relics as his hobbie, my question is how do i find out if its genuine, i asked a couple of websites if they would be interested in buying the collection that was left to me as i dont really need them nor collect them, and was offered £2000 for the ss visor cap after i sent pictures about them but dont want to sell something if it turns out its not genuine, i have taken the badges off the front ever so carefully to look for identification numbers as advised on google and the eagle and the skull have matching raised ss 475/43 with a little circle on the backs, i will upload some pictures to help you see exactly what i am on about, and the cap was made by offizeir kleiderkasse. Please help if you can it will be most appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor cap real? Help please
    P
    Many

Welcome Ryan.
    This is a forum, not a blog - we discuss items and topics backwards and forward, blogs don't.
    We await your photos but are sad that you disturbed the badges. Experts here can tell at a glance if they are good or not without resorting to their removal.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

These are some pics i will upload closer ones when i get home
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor cap real? Help please   SS visor cap real? Help please  

?

Hi danmark sorry for calling it a blog i didnt mean to offend if i have, i wish i had joined sooner then i wouldnt have taken the badges off, i will add more detailed pictures this evening of the entire cap as i only took these as a reference on my phone i look forward to discussing with the forum comunity on the topic of my collection

No offense Ryan, just a clarification.

No good news on your SS cap though - it is a copy.
    Too many wrong things to point out - the headgear chaps will guide you to good examples.
    Your others look better, can you show them?

Regards, Dan

?

Thank you dan, i will upload some pictures of the other hats for you, what are the wrong things you noticed regards ryan

?

Here you go dan as requested. Would you happen to have a rough idea of value if they are all genuine regards ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor cap real? Help please   SS visor cap real? Help please  

SS visor cap real? Help please   SS visor cap real? Help please  

SS visor cap real? Help please   SS visor cap real? Help please  

For me (not being a cap collector ) would be the material, the sweat diamond looks plastic not celluloid, the badges look like fake patina... just about the lot.
    Search the threads to see the quality of build in a genuine ss cap or compare with the others.
    The "smell" is a good start. There is just a certain odour of old cloth that is hard to describe and near impossible to replicate.

You would be better off photographing them on a table near a source of light rather than on the floor. The pictures are still of poor quality. And going off what I can make out from the pictures, they are probably high-end copies - such as made by Janke.

Ryan:
    Hello and welcome to the forum.
    As the others said, the SS visor is a reproduction.
    However, the others are real.

The dark blue one is for the Reickskriegerbund, a Nazi veterans organisation.
    The gray-blue with yellow piping is Luftwaffe Flight, for EM/NCOs.
    The Gray with Green piping is for Army Administration.

Hope this helps.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast