Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thoughts on this visor?

Article about: What thoughts does this visor evoke? I am not sure of it's originality. Thanks for looking.

Default Thoughts on this visor?

Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    Thoughts on this visor?
    What thoughts does this visor evoke? I am not sure of it's originality.
    Thanks for looking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this visor?
    P
    Many

I rather like the quality and construction of this cap. IMO it looks a nice early political visor. I cannot tell the pipe color and I think the insignia may be of a later period? But the cap itself I think is good. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

What is the sweat shield made out of? Celluloid or Plastic?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for looking guys. I appreciate your input. MAP, I can't answer that. The cap isn't mine. It was offered for sale and at the asking price, I certainly thought i would get some images of it to see if it is even real. Even if it is 100% authentic, I still think it may be priced high.
    Brian, the piping is black.

I would look through this thread I believe it's a rare early kreis level cap (black piped?) shown in post #10. Of course it would be nice to hear from the authority on such caps. Mr. Coleman perhaps?

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

They look similar but the color of the area behind the cockade is the same as the top of the hat. I haven't located any political visors of a solid color, yet. Been looking through old threads to knock out the obvious clues to a fake, like the colors and such. I am not a headgear collector at all, but this one came by and piqued my interest. Trying to find similar ones online hasn't gotten any results.

It is an interestingly constructed cap. The doeskin material used for the top and center band is unusual, especially given the fact it has the wire woven chincord reserved for officer grade visors which too usually have a velvet center band. Perhaps a transitional cap prior to regulation changes etc. It just doesn't scream outright fake to me. Bob FB Wim and or Stoney will be able to provide a more clear explanation as to the origins of the cap? Best regards.

Brian

I think that is a Form II Pol Leiter for Kreis. I would have to feel the textile itself, but I do not immediately think it is fake.
    It might have real age to it. I collect caps with leather peaks. It should have had an RZM tag.
    This is why Bob Coleman is needed here. The feel and color of the textile are key. The color is somewhat off, but I do not collect NSDAP headgear, just black SS
    headgear. Mr. Mint has many images of these pol Leiter caps of the earlier models, and, of course, so does Wim in his fine, fine book.
    They know better than I. I save the images of this species of cap because of their loose connection to black SS caps.Thoughts on this visor?Thoughts on this visor?Thoughts on this visor?Thoughts on this visor?

On the other hand, the north German surprise package had well executed fakes of Pol Leiter caps from an early date in this century and so on.
    Once more, Bob Coleman, Wim, and the cap moderator are at home with these things, so I will shut up.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    I would look through this thread I believe it's a rare early kreis level cap (black piped?) shown in post #10. Of course it would be nice to hear from the authority on such caps. Mr. Coleman perhaps?

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!
    Yet another reason to beg Bob Coleman to return to this vineyard of mirth that languishes without his steady hand.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast