Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tropenhelm, real or reproduction?

Article about: Hey guys i've recently met a WWII collector and amongst the items he's selling i found this Afrika Korps Tropenhelm (i think, im not an expert) im feeling like buying it. Inspite of it, im a

Quote by davejb View Post
    I would like to see a very clear close up of the Adler shield, the tricolour has the correct pebble like markings, but the other seems to have indentations, but the photo is a bit blurry,which I find odd because all the other photos are Crystal clear

- - Updated - -

I would like to see a very clear close up of the Adler shield, the tricolour has the correct pebble like markings, but the other seems to have indentations, but the photo is a bit blurry,which I find odd because all the other photos are Crystal clear
    Well spotted as Glenn posted and I also spotted it but for a number of reasons chose not to mention it.

Firstly the pic is strangely poor as you mentioned and cannot really be used to decide either way.
    Secondly, Heer adler shields are relatively easy and cheap to pick up and even if it is a duffer it does not affect the value of the helmet to any great degree, whilst if it was a Luftwaffe adler, then that is a whole different matter as they are hard to find and expensive if you can find one.
    Thirdly, I have noticed this seeming inconsistency on other original Heer adler shields and until better pics are provided it is somewhat of a moot point. If you look again at the pics, hopefully you will notice that the upper part of the background appears to be pebbled and only the lower area appears pitted, so at the moment I think it is probably a good one based on the pics provided.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropenhelm, real or reproduction?
    P
    Many

Default Pith helmet

Don't mean to hijack his thread but here is my Wicker one. You can see some of it sticking out along worn edge. I also like the second pattern felt ones like his. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropenhelm, real or reproduction?   Tropenhelm, real or reproduction?  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3