Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tropical Luftwaffe Cap

Article about: I agree with the statements above, none of us knows it all or ever will. I liked this cap when it was first posted on WAF, but I am not very experienced on these, though I could see some pos

Default Re: Tropical Luftwaffe Cap

I agree with the statements above, none of us knows it all or ever will. I liked this cap when it was first posted on WAF, but I am not very experienced on these, though I could see some possible issues with the eagle. Luft embroidered eagles are very complicated, with features seen as a red flag on some are considered ok on others.

We buy these items because we want to, but when paying ( I assume) a lot of money for a cap that you would struggle to re-sell is something that most of us have to consider. Also, as has been said, the little doubts will always bug you. If it had got the nod on the WAF, rather than the kiss of death from the 'big name' luft trop collectors, things would obviously be different.

I hope you get your refund soon.

Jerry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Luftwaffe Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Tropical Luftwaffe Cap

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Also, as has been said, the little doubts will always bug you. If it had got the nod on the WAF, rather than the kiss of death from the 'big name' luft trop collectors, things would obviously be different.

I hope you get your refund soon
    It's only fair to update this topic to say that I got my refund, with apologies for the delay from the seller on New Years Eve. As far as I'm concerned, better late than never so I'm glad to report that the seller did the right thing in the end.

Jerry, in terms of what you said about getting the nod from the "big" names, this cap was more interesting than most. The feedback was very mixed, some liked it, some didn't and some were on the fence. At the end of the day, I personally didn't feel comfortable with it so sent it back.

That's why I'm a great believer in trusting in your own judgment and not collecting by consensus and the best advice I can give any newcomer reading this thread is to do the same. Study, study and study some more. You will make mistakes surely but everyone does. If you're genuine about wanting to learn, we are all committed to help you on the journey. That's how I learn't and have more people to thank for that than an oscar winning speech!

Take the young lad Barry who bought the Officer upgraded Trop M40 yesterday that's an absolute cracker. He sent emails to me and others asking our advice in the most positive and polite mannor before buying that it was an absolute pleasure to help him.

In comparrison, look at that poor sod on the WAF who posted the repro SS Pz visor recently but doesn't know who to listen to and doesn't seem to be able to embrace advice either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3