MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.

Article about: I have two more caps to submit for those of you who might help with authenticating. Gentleman who has them has the biggest German ww2 relic collection I have ever seen. It is truly enough to

?

Default Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.

I have two more caps to submit for those of you who might help with authenticating. Gentleman who has them has the biggest German ww2 relic collection I have ever seen. It is truly enough to start a small museum. But the price he gave me on this cap worries me as to it's authenticity. Thanks in advance for any help or expertise.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.   Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.  

Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.   Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.  

Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.
    P
    Many

?

one more photo of the luft cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.  

The Luftwaffe cap looks post war to me and the Heer looks to be a copy

?

Quote by kradman View Post
    The Luftwaffe cap looks post war to me and the Heer looks to be a copy
    LW cap has a grey leather sweatband (they normally didn't) which is sewn onto grey plastic material (see red arrows) Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.
    which makes is postwar for me, too. Don't know what it orginially was.

?

Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated.

As already stated - both are bad - sorry for your loss

CBH
    ?

Eric , I wouldn't deal with this collector in the future . He is a scammer , who tries to sell fakes to the uninformed . I'd suggest our sales section and please post any items to have them vetted before purchase . Also I hope you'll become a paying member of our forum , as we have saved you many hundreds of dollars already .

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    LW cap has a grey leather sweatband (they normally didn't) which is sewn onto grey plastic material (see red arrows) Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.
    which makes is postwar for me, too. Don't know what it orginially was.
    Bravo. Wolfgang is quite correct. This is a 1960s or so cap, of much better quality than the war time variant.

Stay away from that dealer. If you want to get an original M43 cap, be prepared to spend a tidy little sum. They are not cheap and there is a lot of post war/repro stuff around like these two that can easily burn the novice. Try looking at some bona fide dealers on the web with return guarantees and avoid ebay. NH

Two M43 caps. help needed please for authenticity.Viz: Bundesgrenzschutz in the year 1966. A historical artifact in its own right!