Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U-boat commander's visor?

Article about: Hello, I recently came across this item and was wondering if anyone could help to determine if it is authentic or not. It is marketed as a U-boat commander's cap, determined by the presence

Default U-boat commander's visor?

Hello,

I recently came across this item and was wondering if anyone could help to determine if it is authentic or not. It is marketed as a U-boat commander's cap, determined by the presence of the unit pin (in this case the 9th Flotilla) on the band of the cap. I have seen this in some other photos but don't know if that actually means its a commander's hat. In fact I don't know if the cap itself is even authentic, so any opinions that can be given would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the photo quality, I will try to acquire some better ones.

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boat commander's visor?   U-boat commander's visor?  

U-boat commander's visor?   U-boat commander's visor?  

U-boat commander's visor?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boat commander's visor?
    P
    Many

Not much on KM too many BM converted this one looks like a foreign made repo to me wait on experts. timothy

Looks to have been artificially aged & i believe the "scrambled egg" on the peak should actually touch the trim on the peak cheers Paul

No sweat diamond or any indication of there ever being one. Difficult to judge just how close the visor trim is to the hat body, but it Should go right up to it-you would need to peek under the leather strap. The sweatband looks unworn, but exhibits very suspicious spotting of "wear spots". The traditions badge of the grinning sawfish is that of the "Das Boot" sub in the movie, so it certainly does not instill any confidence either. All in all, I would definitely pass on this cap. It looks to be like an aged fake-at best, a converted BM, but this I even doubt.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A horrid fake.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks very poorly made ,

DRK
    ?

Sorry to say but it's a fake

Theo

Bad to the bone !

bundesmarine. faked.

Not even Bundesmarine--just your typical run of the mill Ebay garbage fake--not a single original part.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast